wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
At 19K miles so I decided to replace the cabin filter on my 2021 BL.

I called my local dealer and was quoted approx. $43 for a Motorcraft filter. Crazy price.

Looked on Amazon and the best deal on a Motorcraft I could find was $23 but still have to pay shipping and tax. At least $30+

I don't normally get aftermarket filter's but I came across this brand. Checked the reviews, good, so I decided to give these a shot $12 each so I bought 2.

I figured I could replace these twice as often and still be ahead in $'s.

When I received these, I wasn't expecting anything great but was really surprised at the quality.

A solid frame around the outside, unlike the flimsy Motorcraft. More pleats also.

I've attached pics for comparison. A Premium brand on the left, Motorcraft on the right.

Ford Bronco Sport Cabin Air Filter @ 19K Miles -- photos OLD & NEW FILTER. 1

Ford Bronco Sport Cabin Air Filter @ 19K Miles -- photos OLD & NEW FILTER. 3
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Just to do a one and done purchase, I bought the K&N cabin filter. I just need to wash it once a year or so and I'm good for life of the vehicle.

https://a.co/d/1qQhFdP

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I had my cabin filter changed at Quick Lane when having the oil changed. Not a big deal.

OP
OP
wireman

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I had my cabin filter changed at Quick Lane when having the oil changed. Not a big deal.
Do you know what the charge was for changing the filter?

thomasm23

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have tried aftermarket cabin air filters and they all seem to restrict the amount of airflow that is coming out of the dash vents.

I just use the Ford OEM.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Ford makes a big deal about how their cabin air filters are hepa 95. So they catch small particles. That's mostly what you're paying for. Your vehicle isn't hermetically sealed. If you need a clean environment, you won't get it in a car. Honestly, you could probably just leave the thing out, but that other brand has to be adequate to pull stuff out of the recirc system. I'd use it.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My dealership charges $80 for the filter. That’s a 400% markup and it takes less than 60 seconds to change it yourself.
The cabin filter is less than $40 at the dealer and if you shop the larger Ford dealers that sell parts online the filter is even less, $80 sounds more like the installed price.
I used Ford Pass points for the oil change and cabin filter, I didn't pay anything.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
The cabin filter is less than $40 at the dealer and if you shop the larger Ford dealers that sell parts online the filter is even less, $80 sounds more like the installed price.
I used Ford Pass points for the oil change and cabin filter, I didn't pay anything.
$80 is installed. And if you used points you paid for it because that’s less points you have to apply towards the next oil change or service.

OP
OP
wireman

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have tried aftermarket cabin air filters and they all seem to restrict the amount of airflow that is coming out of the dash vents.

I just use the Ford OEM.
Guess I'll find out.

OP
OP
wireman

wireman

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

I just use the Ford OEM.
Can you give me an idea of what other brands you have used for future purchases?

So your saying that you can actually feel the difference in airflow between the Motorcraft filter and the other brands when you have the blower on?

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I usually buy OEM air filters and cabin filters. I don't need one for the BS yet and usually buy from eBay. I recently purchased a Honda cabin filter for $21 for my wife's HR-V.
Sponsored