TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
We all know the positives of NOT buying a 4,000 mile “new” vehicle. Can anyone give me a reason why I COULD be ok with it?
Sponsored

AKAKTM

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands, Ford Raptor
We all know the positives of NOT buying a 4,000 mile “new” vehicle. Can anyone give me a reason why I COULD be ok with it?
You would be ‘ok’ with it if you want one of the first Badlands versions available or if you get a better deal.

Beach_Bum

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco
Keep in mind, the limits before sale was 2k miles or 4 months. But even if a dealer mannequin has 4K miles, they are going to be soft miles. For test drives, someone will take it out and stretch their legs on the highway and around town. But no one is taking it for bouncy rides off trail on a test drive.

Now, you'll still want to do your due diligence when evaluating a mannequin. And prepare to negotiate a better deal factoring in the amount of use. If a dealer wants to hold firm and not negotiate, then there is another dealer that might. All of these mannequins will be eligible for sale in the coming weeks. Dealers don't want to sit on "used" inventory. Ford will make more.

OP
OP
TheMalamute

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
Keep in mind, the limits before sale was 2k miles or 4 months. But even if a dealer mannequin has 4K miles, they are going to be soft miles. For test drives, someone will take it out and stretch their legs on the highway and around town. But no one is taking it for bouncy rides off trail on a test drive.

Now, you'll still want to do your due diligence when evaluating a mannequin. And prepare to negotiate a better deal factoring in the amount of use. If a dealer wants to hold firm and not negotiate, then there is another dealer that might. All of these mannequins will be eligible for sale in the coming weeks. Dealers don't want to sit on "used" inventory. Ford will make more.
Great points. I appreciate your input.

Beach_Bum

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco
Great points. I appreciate your input.
No problem. And as a point of negotiation, even though it is a new model, it is still "used". If the dealer is hard set on the MSRP, then you should be hard set on the mileage. The 2021 federal tax mileage rate is .56 cents/mile. At 4000 miles, that is $2, 240.

broncobuster2550

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something slow
Could actually be really beneficial to get whatever kinks or potential issues that particular car had worked out prior to you getting it. And since the factory warranty doesn't begin until the point of sale, you'll still be covered even though everything has a few thousand miles on it.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I'd be thinking about the fact that those loaners are the ones everybody is going to punch hard to see how much power it has,
While the engine is cold,
Before it's properly broken in,
6,000 rpm oh my,
No thank you.
I was the very first customer to get in and drive mine.
Ok so I'm a little paranoid about how my new toy was treated before I got it.....
Sponsored