Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
That would be the ideal scenario. Even if they fixed them to have 3M tape on the lip that would fix the problem with the gap. Now the issues with clips simply NOT fitting to where they're supposed to go, that's another thing.
Try this.

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 48CA4E48-764D-4AA8-B2C5-6BF2738361A5

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 164622DE-A463-416F-92F2-69ABDD03F368

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues CD832CCE-8CCE-4814-96CC-06650348FE86
Sponsored

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
This is probably my last ditch effort to see if there is anything I can do. Gonna bounce some ideas off you guys and I'd love your input of where I should go from here.

I'm pretty fed up with the install of these. I love the way they look so if I can genuinely fix my issues with the fit, I want to use them. Just need help from those that might know more than me.

Try to keep this short:
Bought my first set from my local dealership last month but I had the existing issues I'm having now with the 2nd set. I haven't reached out to the dealership yet cause I've had the new flares for almost a month sitting in the box until this past weekend cause just poor timing, I went on vacation after getting the replacement set. Didn't know I had the same problem till now so I don't even know if I call this modification quits, if they'll even refund me at this point. So mad I didn't check these things out before leaving the state.

Anyway, the fenders don't sit flush to the vehicle, and a few of the clips don't even snap into place because there's too much material from the OEM wheel well trim to allow it to. I haven't even checked the front fenders cause I have splash guard/mudflaps that I'm going to have to modify in order for them to work together according to another owner on here.

Review the pics and tell me what you think:

Also including the pics here but the imgur link has explanations.

What should I do? I've thought about buying various sized u clips to fit the spots that will NOT fit. The holes are big enough that it looks like I can drill into the trim and have a screw fix it in place. I'm ok with making these flares a permanent modification. The flares not sticking to the side of the vehicle is by far the biggest issue and it has everything to do with the plastic "fork" on the underside of the fender that puts tension on the stock fender and scratches the $h!t out of it. I need to take a pic of it when I pull these off to fix it. Thinking about using a heatgun to adjust the prongs in order to give it the proper tension? Would 3M tape on the underside be better? I don't know where it would go though. The rubber lip is very thin and the only thing that touches your vehicle so I feel like there would be a gap...hmmm, I could plastidip the gap. Just thought of that.

I'm open to any and all suggestions. If you have these flares have you had the same thing happen? How did you fix it? I noticed that one of the back flares was a little loose when I checked it this morning. One of the ones that had no previous issues and that's just driving with it on for the past 2 days. This purchase may have just been a bad idea.

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20210816_151843

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20210816_151830

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20210816_151813

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20210816_151803

Ford Bronco Sport Bushwacker fender flare fit issues 20210816_151756
Mine were dealer installed and the drivers side rear had fallen off 3 times. I added extra clips but now have lost the small rear door piece while driving down the highway. They really need to be bolted on! I just emailed my dealer to see what they say. It should be warranty.
Sponsored