fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
So burger has released a JB4 (Piggyback) for the Maverick 2L. https://burgertuning.com/collections/ford/products/jb4-tuner-ford-maverick

Does anyone know what (if any) differences there are between the Maverick's 2L and the Sport's? I was under the impression they are more or less identical.

Have had great success with their products in my VW and would love to put this in my sport if possible.
Sponsored

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
wish they would have posted on their web a Maverick dyno chart and not the Ranger

OP
OP
fastlax16

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wish they would have posted on their web a Maverick dyno chart and not the Ranger
I beta tested the jb4 for their vws and just got in touch them about fitment on the bronco. Assuming positive news re: fitment I’ll be ordering this week (if I can’t sweet talk then into giving me one) and I’ll dyno it.

Couldn’t be more excited about this tbh.

stoopidrookie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
under the Bronco link it lists “2021+ Ford Bronco 2.0L, 2.3L, & 2.7L” so I’ll just assume it’s the Bronco Sport 2.0.

OP
OP
fastlax16

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
under the Bronco link it lists “2021+ Ford Bronco 2.0L, 2.3L, & 2.7L” so I’ll just assume it’s the Bronco Sport 2.0.
Good catch. Not going to make that assumption though. Since when I reached out they asked me to send them some engine bay pictures to confirm

If its anything like the VW its likely the exact same unit the fits multiple engines. They just list them separately on their website in order to track which models people are ordering for.

Edit: just heard back. The Bronco page includes the sport. Now I just need a reason to tell my wife why she has to put 93 in it instead of 87 like she has been.

Last edited:

stoopidrookie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Good catch. Not going to make that assumption though. Since when I reached out they asked me to send them some engine bay pictures to confirm

If its anything like the VW its likely the exact same unit the fits multiple engines. They just list them separately on their website in order to track which models people are ordering for.

Edit: just heard back. The Bronco page includes the sport. Now I just need a reason to tell my wife why she has to put 93 in it instead of 87 like she has been.
It says there is an E85 tune. Can we run E85 with this product and doing nothing else (except putting E85 in the tank).

OP
OP
fastlax16

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It says there is an E85 tune. Can we run E85 with this product and doing nothing else (except putting E85 in the tank).
I'll ask. I think its unlikely. Only speaking from my VW experience but its dependent on the LPFP/HPFP. On my Golf R I'd need an upgraded HPFP to run e85 and I'd be surprised if the stock fuel pumps on the sport are more robust than my R.

Edit: just went and looked. Are you talking about map 5? "+6psi peak, suggested for 30% E85 mixtures and/or unleaded race fuel "

Map 5 isn't full e85. its for e30, which is actually what I do in my VW.

The sports gas tank is 16 gallons. To get to e30 you'd mix 4 gallons of e85 (assuming its actually e85 and not a lower % of ethanol) and 12 gallons of 93 octane. You'd actually get e29 with that ratio but close enough. No other upgrades should be necessary but you should make even more power running it with a better flowing downpipe based on experience. Running extra boost also generates more heat, so you may want, but not need an upgraded intercooler so that you don't heat soak.

https://www.brewcityboost.com/ethanol-calculator/

Last edited:
OP
OP
fastlax16

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On an otherwise stock car they recommended map 2 if you want e30 but it would depend on the what the logs show.

kidbs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M340i, 2021 Sport Badlands

Where are you seeing it list the sport? I'm looking on the Bronco page and don't see it explicitly called out.

OP
OP
fastlax16

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where are you seeing it list the sport? I'm looking on the Bronco page and don't see it explicitly called out.
I've tested burgers' products for them in the past for volkswagens so I've been pinging them with a buttload of questions. The sport is called out by them mentioning the 2.0 being a supported engine, since it is not available on the big bronco, and being pictured at the bottom of the page. I agree its confusing so I'll probably mention it to them.

kidbs

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW M340i, 2021 Sport Badlands
I've tested burgers' products for them in the past for volkswagens so I've been pinging them with a buttload of questions. The sport is called out by them mentioning the 2.0 being a supported engine, since it is not available on the big bronco, and being pictured at the bottom of the page. I agree its confusing so I'll probably mention it to them.
Please let us know what you hear! BTW I used to own a Golf R as well. I do miss that car. I went with an APR stage 1 tune on mine and it was a beast!

OP
OP
fastlax16

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Please let us know what you hear! BTW I used to own a Golf R as well. I do miss that car. I went with an APR stage 1 tune on mine and it was a beast!
Mines a full bolt on car. It hauls.

im actually selling it today. Vroom offered me 41,235 for it and I can’t justify not selling it and waiting for the market to come back down before buying back in. I’m somewhat devastated but can’t arguewith the numbers.

one of the reasons I’m pumped about the jb4 for this.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Interested, unfortunately the JB4 Bronco Sport tuner for California is not CARB compliant.
Unless I want to play the connect and disconnect game.

OP
OP
fastlax16

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interested, unfortunately the JB4 Bronco Sport tuner for California is not CARB compliant.
Unless I want to play the connect and disconnect game.
Nothing is carb compliant. Connect disconnect on these should be easy with how much room is in the bronco engine bay. Especially if you just run the obd wire through the door jamb instead of the firewall.
Sponsored

Last edited: