Johnperrion

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
If when you click on the imgur album it goes to a blank page... delete the "#mP5FR8Q" off of the end of the url and it will work. Not sure why the additional alphanumeric sequence is being created by clicking the link...

Ivan Nigro Yague

Badlands
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Alrighty, part two of the write up.

Hi my friend… any idea if the front grille bronco sport emblem letters are only glued with double tape (as the rear ones) or if have some rivet/ plastic guides? I would like to change the white letters to oem gloss black. Cheers

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Hi my friend… any idea if the front grille bronco sport emblem letters are only glued with double tape (as the rear ones) or if have some rivet/ plastic guides? I would like to change the white letters to oem gloss black. Cheers
The grille letters do have adhesive but also have “pins” that go through the grille. I don’t have my BS yet but I do plan to remove/modify the letters when it arrives. If you do a search on eBay for a BS grille, you’ll see where the pins are for the letters.

Ivan Nigro Yague

Badlands
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The grille letters do have adhesive but also have “pins” that go through the grille. I don’t have my BS yet but I do plan to remove/modify the letters when it arrives. If you do a search on eBay for a BS grille, you’ll see where the pins are for the letters.
Great… thank you.
So this pins are not melted from behind… just a guide for position. Do you think that the letters could be removed from the front… without remove all the grille and bumper?
Cheers

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Great… thank you.
So this pins are not melted from behind… just a guide for position. Do you think that the letters could be removed from the front… without remove all the grille and bumper?
Cheers
I believe that the pins are just locators. Even if they are “heat staked” that just barely qualifies as a retention method. Heat staking is pretty weak and is easy to break free. The adhesive is what is really holding the letters in place.

I’m sure they can be removed without removing the grille but I would use plastic tools to try and do that. Otherwise you will end up scratching the paint on the grille. I would do it in the heat of the day so that the adhesive is as soft as possible. Also do yourself a favor and buy a can of 3M Adhesive Remover. Trying to get any of the adhesive out of those recesses is going to be difficult without chemical assistance.