johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
We've been driving around our BB for 2 weekends now around Oregon and Washington doing 55-65 on slopes and 70/80 on hiways, no noise or problem what-so-ever.
Then next day, before going to work, took it for a car wash and during the drying part, the hood felt like the screws would let go and hood would just fly up and away. Seems like the air can go into the windshield side and sip under the hood. Anyone else noticed this??
Sponsored

Stitch50

Base
First Name
AK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport / Ram 1500
Yeah itā€™s flimsy. ?ā€ā™€ I get a similar effect going down the highway at high speeds with the rough country leveling kit in it too. Doesnā€™t personally bother me enough to care though. Things just arenā€™t built the same way they used to be.

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
My hood definitely flutters a bit at highway speeds. No real movement at the latch or hinges, but the steel flexes.

MikeS11222

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I dont know exactly what they are called, but the black rubber stopper things under the hood are adjustable but turning them. We had some play in our hood and I adjusted them so when the hood closes it a snug fit. Not sure if this will help what you are describing.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
My hood definitely flutters a bit at highway speeds. No real movement at the latch or hinges, but the steel flexes.
Hood is aluminum.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
We've been driving around our BB for 2 weekends now around Oregon and Washington doing 55-65 on slopes and 70/80 on hiways, no noise or problem what-so-ever.
Then next day, before going to work, took it for a car wash and during the drying part, the hood felt like the screws would let go and hood would just fly up and away. Seems like the air can go into the windshield side and sip under the hood. Anyone else noticed this??
Hood is aluminum.

Geelloo90042

Badlands
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport-Badlands
I just noticed today that as well. First time in the dryer after a quick brushless wash. The sound of the dryer jets combined with the visuals of my hood flexing and vibrating felt like I was taking flight.

@Jrl What is it made out of? Alu-mini-um??

Hannabass15

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I dont know exactly what they are called, but the black rubber stopper things under the hood are adjustable but turning them. We had some play in our hood and I adjusted them so when the hood closes it a snug fit. Not sure if this will help what you are describing.
Mine took one turn on both sides. No more hood flex while driving.

Maxwellian

Badlands
First Name
Maxwell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Hood is aluminum.
Ah, that explains the sheet metal being a little more flexible, and the ribs having a larger cross section than Iā€™m used to.

Looking at it again, there is significant flex at the hinges.

BayBrownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Mine took one turn on both sides. No more hood flex while driving.
Thank you for the info! I'm going to try this.

I love my Sport... and the hood shape was one of the first cool things I noticed on my test drive. The twin hood bumps really give it character, and give the driver kind of a 'Safari' feel for the whole thing. But after I bought it and started driving it in different speeds and certain specific sunny driving conditions, I did start to notice a 'flutter point' near the center rear of the hood, at high speeds/vibration, and at certain sun glare angles. For me, the solution was going to just be my hood overlay I've just ordered from Vortex... figured that'd throttle the glare... but now I will try this too.

Jenma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 15 Mustang GT 50 yr, 22 Corsair
I watched specifically for hood flex in the car wash and saw none which surprised me. My other cars had hood and wipers movin. I've touched 90 mph multiple times with no hood movement at all. So it has to be adjustment.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
you can usually tell if the hood bumpers need adjustment by pressing down on the hood directly over the bumper location. I generally adjust up until movement stops then a half turn more.