BS Badlands more capable than the Base Bronco?

ztm200

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Hi Everyone,
I have a BL + BL on order and am excitedly awaiting it's arrival (whenever on earth that will be). Correct me if I'm wrong, but in looking at the Base Model of the full size Bronco it appears to me that aside from the stronger engine which provides better hp, torque, and towing capacity obviously in the big boy (also the 4X4 system may be stronger but they don't share a ton of info on this...they do say that locking differential is not standard and can be added on as an option so I don 't really know if the standard is an improvement over the BL), the BS Badlands has better figures in most areas. It has more ground clearance, rear seat leg room, all terrain vs all season tires, and countless more comfort amenities for essentially the same price. I see people questioning why someone would get the BS BL over the Base Bronco, when they are roughly the same price, but it seems to me you get a much better all around vehicle for the money with the Badlands than you do with the base Bronco. Am I missing something?
Sponsored

Reactions: Jrl

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
Hi Everyone,
I have a BL + BL on order and am excitedly awaiting it's arrival (whenever on earth that will be). Correct me if I'm wrong, but in looking at the Base Model of the full size Bronco it appears to me that aside from the stronger engine which provides better hp, torque, and towing capacity obviously in the big boy (also the 4X4 system may be stronger but they don't share a ton of info on this...they do say that locking differential is not standard and can be added on as an option so I don 't really know if the standard is an improvement over the BL), the BS Badlands has better figures in most areas. It has more ground clearance, rear seat leg room, all terrain vs all season tires, and countless more comfort amenities for essentially the same price. I see people questioning why someone would get the BS BL over the Base Bronco, when they are roughly the same price, but it seems to me you get a much better all around vehicle for the money with the Badlands than you do with the base Bronco. Am I missing something?
I think the full size base Bronco is meant to be a platform for mods. There will be lots of people doing all sorts of crazy suspension, tires, body mods... on it. Ford wanted to keep the base as cheap as possible for the people who wanted to set it up themselves.

AltarBoy

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’fusion
Your not getting a base bronco for the comfort and amenities. That thing is designed for off-road enthusiasts

OP
OP

ztm200

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your not getting a base bronco for the comfort and amenities. That thing is designed for off-road enthusiasts
Exactly, but the base has less ground clearance, worse tires, and a 4X4 system that doesn't seem much better. So aside from the engine what is it's advantage? I'm mainly asking because I see people asking why anyone would get a BL or FE when they are the same price as a base 4 door. It seems to me that the base 4 door isn't necessarily a more capable off roader except for the engine unless you start upgrading it which drives the cost up and past the BL or the FE. Am I wrong on this?

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
The base bronco has better suspension, low range, and available rock rails. This all makes it noticably better than the Badlands and it's soft locker.

Edit the 2 door starts at under 30k
Sponsored

Last edited: