bradkz

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
I used this forum a lot while shopping for my BS. Stating the obvious, the Bronco Sport is very scarce in CA. One of my limiting factors was the moonroof... my BS had to have one; that was the deal-breaker for me. I wanted a red Outer Banks with the OB moonroof Package, and I was willing to factory-order and wait for the weeks/months it would take. But when I went to the dealership to factory order one, the moonroof packages in Outer Banks and Big Bend were unavailable for build... the error message said something like, "controlled materials" (can't remember the exact phrase). URGH. I just was not willing to settle for a non-moonroof vehicle. BUT, a lucky find: a rare Big Bend with the moonroof on a lot 70 miles away. I got it! Did I pay a shameful markup? Yes, some. My roof requirement took away my leverage. But I have my BB with the moonroof (and tow package) as of three days ago. It's not the OB I wanted, but close. Any idea why the moonroof is not available for build? Think they will make it available after the scarcity issues are resolved?
Sponsored

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
In May of 2021 Ford published their Bronco Sport Order Guide and stated no more power moonroof orders would be accepted for the remainder of the '21 model year. It is a supply chain parts shortage issue.

A BB with BB Package Power Moonroof yes those are very scarce hard to find right now.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I used this forum a lot while shopping for my BS. Stating the obvious, the Bronco Sport is very scarce in CA. One of my limiting factors was the moonroof... my BS had to have one; that was the deal-breaker for me. I wanted a red Outer Banks with the OB moonroof Package, and I was willing to factory-order and wait for the weeks/months it would take. But when I went to the dealership to factory order one, the moonroof packages in Outer Banks and Big Bend were unavailable for build... the error message said something like, "controlled materials" (can't remember the exact phrase). URGH. I just was not willing to settle for a non-moonroof vehicle. BUT, a lucky find: a rare Big Bend with the moonroof on a lot 70 miles away. I got it! Did I pay a shameful markup? Yes, some. My roof requirement took away my leverage. But I have my BB with the moonroof (and tow package) as of three days ago. It's not the OB I wanted, but close. Any idea why the moonroof is not available for build? Think they will make it available after the scarcity issues are resolved?
If moonroof was the go or no go button you paid fair market value for a unicorn. Enjoy the ride. Moonroof is probably THE biggest limiting option now

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)

OP
OP
bradkz

bradkz

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
If moonroof was the go or no go button you paid fair market value for a unicorn. Enjoy the ride. Moonroof is probably THE biggest limiting option now

OP
OP
bradkz

bradkz

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
My wife has a Forester with a huge panoramic roof that I love. And I always wanted an impractical convertible. If I got a BS with a solid roof, it would bother me EVERY TIME I DROVE IT. (Yes, First World Problem.)

Rinzler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My buddy has a new Escape with the pano roof and it’s really nice. Glad you were able to find your unicorn.
I was bummed about not getting one but it wasn’t my dealbreaker. I long ago resigned that I wouldn’t be able to get a BL + BL so I gave it up. Got almost everything else and I’m happy.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My wife has a Forester with a huge panoramic roof that I love. And I always wanted an impractical convertible. If I got a BS with a solid roof, it would bother me EVERY TIME I DROVE IT. (Yes, First World Problem.)
Nah, paying and getting what you want. Nothing wrong with that. Got lucky. Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
So… looks like I got lucky and jumped the line or something. Thanks… I will enjoy my unicorn
Rapid Red with power moonroof yeah thats pretty awesome.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Mine handles better without the extra weight way up high hampering the CG.....
Just Kidding :,P
Got one in my 04 Escape, never use it.

mdub

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
my moonroof shattered back in May-- after a grueling 2 months of delays-- finally received word today that it is finished. So--- that means the supplier is again making the glass and some should start arriving back at the factory. For a while- it was so bad that the manufacturer was not even making them for some reason.

HotChicken

Big Bend
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I just was not willing to settle for a non-moonroof vehicle. BUT, a lucky find: a rare Big Bend with the moonroof on a lot 70 miles away. I got it! Did I pay a shameful markup? Yes, some. My roof requirement took away my leverage. But I have my BB with the moonroof (and tow package) as of three days ago. It's not the OB I wanted, but close.
Swap the color and this is my exact buying experience in mid June. Told myself I was gonna OB but a BB in the next town was the only moonroof available within in 200 miles. The dealer knew it and my over MSRP was over. Le sigh.

4,000 miles later, happy with the color, the trim level, the two-tone roof, and the moonroof brings me life.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My buddy has a new Escape with the pano roof and it’s really nice. Glad you were able to find your unicorn.
I was bummed about not getting one but it wasn’t my dealbreaker. I long ago resigned that I wouldn’t be able to get a BL + BL so I gave it up. Got almost everything else and I’m happy.
See my Edge had the panoramic and I amost never used it. Different strokes I guess.

Sharmie

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport (Badlands/Badlands pkg)
So… looks like I got lucky and jumped the line or something. Thanks… I will enjoy my unicorn!
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport with package including moonroof: tragedy and triumph CDA1DF2B-AE83-4BD5-8E68-D281D5879A99
Congratulations! Very pretty! But I’m completely biased as mine is the same color!! The moonroof is a necessity in Cali, that’s for sure!!
Sponsored