Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend / Trailblazer SS
Hi all,

I've had my Bronco Sport Big Bend for just about 3 months now, and love it! That being said, I've noticed on days where the temperature is less then 60 degrees Fahrenheit outside, that my Little Bronco takes absolutely forever to warm up to the mid mark on the temperature gauge...

I always thought new cars were really good at getting warm fast? Is it just me? Does everyone have the same issue? I am trying to decide whether or not to take it down to the dealer, but if everyone's been experiencing the same thing, obviously the dealer won't do much for me.

Anyways, thanks for anyone who puts their input in.
Sponsored

Whatheheck

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco sport, 21Mustang GT
I’ve noticed that too, but not concerned about it.

OP
OP

brololo

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How long is forever? (We live in an age of instant gratification)
That we do!

It takes me roughly 20-25 minutes to get to work in the mornings. (Mind you, I remote start and warm up the car for 3-4 minutes as well before I leave). By the time I get to work, my Bronco will be at the quarter mark on the temperature gauge. Sometimes a little bit over, depending on the temperature outside.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Hi all,

I've had my Bronco Sport Big Bend for just about 3 months now, and love it! That being said, I've noticed on days where the temperature is less then 60 degrees Fahrenheit outside, that my Little Bronco takes absolutely forever to warm up to the mid mark on the temperature gauge...

I always thought new cars were really good at getting warm fast? Is it just me? Does everyone have the same issue? I am trying to decide whether or not to take it down to the dealer, but if everyone's been experiencing the same thing, obviously the dealer won't do much for me.

Anyways, thanks for anyone who puts their input in.

Do you know if you have the “ Supplemental PTC Heater”
would be listed on your Window Sticker

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
That we do!

It takes me roughly 20-25 minutes to get to work in the mornings. (Mind you, I remote start and warm up the car for 3-4 minutes as well before I leave). By the time I get to work, my Bronco will be at the quarter mark on the temperature gauge. Sometimes a little bit over, depending on the temperature outside.
are you saying the Bronc doesn't throw warm air?
there is a possibility that the thermostat isn't working properly or the grill shutters are staying open.
perhaps a trip to the dealer is in order if it isn't throwing heat.

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
That we do!

Big Bend 1.5L, 30 mins to work, been averaging about 28 degrees in the morning here in MN. I park in a detached un-heated garage. I'll do the same, remote start and warm up for less than 5 mins. Mines up to temp 1/4 the way to work, cabins all warmed up.

Maybe you have a defective thermostat?

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I would make an appointment with a Ford service dept .

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
This is why some manufacturers got rid of the temp gauge and replaced it with a light: too many complaints about what the gauge was showing. People expect the gauge to rest at the half way point at ALL times, and when it doesn’t something *must* be wrong!

Your post leaves out a lot of useful information. How many miles driven? At what speed? For how long? Cabin heat working ok? Bottom line: if there are no driveability issues, no cabin heat issues, no check engine light, you’re probably ok.

Want a more definitive test? Start your car and immediately head for the nearest highway. Does your vehcile reach “normal” operating temp within a few miles of driving at highway speeds?

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
our 1.5 heats up fine. i remote start it on cold days for at least 10 mins. temp gets up there fast.
gotta remember too, it takes a while for 3 cylinders to get warm.
now my dodge power ram, 360 v8, that throws heat pretty much instantly lol.

if you arent sure, take it to dealer and address your concerns.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
It's been around 60 degrees here in the mornings and it takes around 10 minutes for it to get up to the halfway mark.

Starts throwing warm air within a couple of minutes though.

Justin

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend + BB
Using the 15-minute "set and forget" remote start each morning works well for me. I've had no problems jumping into a warm vehicle each morning, and it's been about 10F here as of late.

I'd definitely be bringing that in to get it looked at, just to echo everyone else - hah.

OP
OP

brololo

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi everyone,

Thanks for responding. A lot of comments here... So I wanted to just clarify some things, haha

No, I'm not talking about the actual heat through my vents. Just the actual temperature gauge on the dash... This is my first ever brand new car bought straight from the dealership, all other cars i've owned have been 2007 and older (all of which warmed up in a matter of minutes even in cold weather). I am pretty mechanically inclined, at least with the older cars, and I've always made sure to baby the car until the temperature gauge is at Operating Temperature.

Anyways, maybe I should have started a poll or something... Just kind of wanted to get everyone consensus on How long it takes everyone car to warm up. If it's something that is happening to everyone, then obviously i'm not concerned about it.

Leenaya

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Depending on who you ask and which studies you believe, letting an engine idle to warm up wastes more fuel than just letting it warm up driving. I have to assume that includes the estimated 12% loss of mpg when its cold. Wear and tear wise to the parts as more fuel is pushed into a cold system would be hard to calculate.

I have always just figured that like a light bulb, the heat being made by the engine is wasted energy. I would be fine with the bronco sport engine being so efficient that the waste heat takes awhile to build up, but that's me.
Sponsored