Blizzard35

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
When did you place your order, and what was your original estimated date of delivery?
Hi: I'm in Canada, so we don't have access to all the information that you folks South of the border have so there is no estimated date of delivery. The Canadian Dealers are informed when there is a slowdown/availability problem etc. which is why I was contacted today.
Sponsored

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Hi: I'm in Canada, so we don't have access to all the information that you folks South of the border have so there is no estimated date of delivery. The Canadian Dealers are informed when there is a slowdown/availability problem etc. which is why I was contacted today.
You don't have aces to the Ford Order site? What about the email that Ford sent to acknowledge that you did place an order?

Blizzard35

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
You don't have aces to the Ford Order site? What about the email that Ford sent to acknowledge that you did place an order?
Nope, that's not how it works in Canada. I've been dealing with my dealer for 35 years so I tell him what I want, he places the order and keeps me updated with any progress/delays etc.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Nope, that's not how it works in Canada. I've been dealing with my dealer for 35 years so I tell him what I want, he places the order and keeps me updated with any progress/delays etc.
OK cool. I would never have thought that an email address to send an order acknowledgement to by Ford would have been filtered out by country. I always thought email address were generic! Good stuff to know. Good Luck.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
OK cool. I would never have thought that an email address to send an order acknowledgement to by Ford would have been filtered out by country. I always thought email address were generic! Good stuff to know. Good Luck.
Might be dealer ordered it as Dealer Inventory with the promise he gets it when it comes in.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
My dealer said tires are also becoming short on supply. He is ordering to stock the common sizes they sell, where he previously just got them from a warehouse. Now they can't reliably get them.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
I do know that the optional 18" Wheel for Big Bend are no longer available. It was disclosed on the last Dealer Order Guide (05/01/21) that was posted to this forum. Maybe they are thinking OB instead of BB?

18” Machined-face Aluminum Ebony Black-painted Wheel “Not Available for the remainder of the 21MY” 6

For details as to what is no longer available - go here.
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/attachments/05-01-21-bronco-sport-order-guide-pdf.9072/
The optional 18" wheels for BB are the same as to what are the standard wheels for OB. So I could see there being a shortage of those wheels and them remvoing the option for BB in order to fullfill the OB orders.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
honestly that may be a dealer preference/process. The guy I built through insisted that's not how it works, they never supply Ford with personal info or emails. He gets all the updates and forwards on to the buyer. I explained many people on the sport forum have direct emails and information. His response was they must have it confused with the full size bronco... I don't blame him, I think their business model is simply different. I had no issues with his method, guy has been at it for a very long time and was always very honest and up front which is why I chose to work with him. The covid delays were out of his hands, and he said he completely understood why I went a different route. It's possible canadian dealers have a different process but it's not exclusive by country. I still haven't received an email from Ford directly.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Dealer has to place the order as Customer Ordered and put your email into the order system. If dealer orders as inventory or puts in wrong email then you are not going to get an email about order status. Some dealers may not want to do Customer Ordered vehicles for what ever reason.

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
The optional 18" wheels for BB are the same as to what are the standard wheels for OB. So I could see there being a shortage of those wheels and them remvoing the option for BB in order to fullfill the OB orders.
They are not the same. 18" Outer Banks are upper RH and optional BB 18" wheels are in the center
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport production to be paused due to supply shortages wheels

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
They are not the same. 18" Outer Banks are upper RH and optional BB 18" wheels are in the center
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport production to be paused due to supply shortages wheels
I'm sorry I was basing it off the order sheet where they use the same name for both. Thanks for the clarification.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
My dealer said tires are also becoming short on supply. He is ordering to stock the common sizes they sell, where he previously just got them from a warehouse. Now they can't reliably get them.
Wow- I have not heard that one yet or seen any reports about it. Gets better na dbetter.
from Ford to halt production of F-150, Bronco Sport and other vehicles due to chip shortage (msn.com)
  • Hermosillo Assembly Plant in Mexico will be down the weeks of June 21 and June 28
Ugh thanks for the good news lol.

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
So probably gonna be a bunch of "Your Bronco Sport is now rescheduled for this later date" etc etc etc
Sponsored