elliewe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Yeah. Considering depressed inventory and going MSRP or sometimes over MSRP prices, IMHO dealer has every incentive to not see the special orders through to make the most $$$ out of it. Sure, call me cynic.
My dealer refused to cancel my order...probably for this very reason.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I looked at a dealer website that had refused to take X-Plan.
Now they are up-charging 4K over MSRP on a Badlands.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
Saw this earlier today:

Chip shortage explained: Low inventory, skyrocketing used car prices and no end in sight

"Outlook

TSMC says it hopes to be able to meet the minimum requirements of its customers by the end of June, but even if microchip production as a whole can meet production demands by the end of 2021, it will probably take longer than that for the market to normalize. The used-car shortage will continue to be a problem for as long as new-car inventory growth remains stunted, as shoppers won't have new purchases for which they'd normally be trading in their new cars. That means high prices on both ends of the spectrum.

And while governments and industry lobbies may be attempting to pressure semiconductor fabricators into increasing production, it's not as simple as merely turning up the wick. As with other specialized industries, the tooling involved is complex and expensive. In the longer term, investors are looking at expanding U.S. microchip production. Intel already produces silicon in the American southwest, and startups hoping to do the same elsewhere in the U.S. have drawn the attention of investors."

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Official: Ford Bronco Production Shutting Down carbuzz link
title says a lot. May 17 May 24 two week shut down of the FULL Bronco in Wayne as it just gets off the ground. Citing parts for roofs, tow, and chips as a prime concern. My dealer finally responded and indicated anyone placing orders right now, it will be October at minimum. Anything customer ordered already will take priority over dealer stock. Many dealers have ghost lots, and that's not about to get any better.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Small data point: I checked prices for Big Bend trims with Assist+. Hardly any available nationwide but they're going for $37k and up -- I got mine for MSRP with $500 cash back a month ago.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Small data point: I checked prices for Big Bend trims with Assist+. Hardly any available nationwide but they're going for $37k and up -- I got mine for MSRP with $500 cash back a month ago.
perspective would say, supply is short, demand is high, it's a sellers market to make cash. The filp side of that is, when you have no idea how long it will be to make a sale, you sell what you can to keep income stable and hope for optimism with chip supply increases. I don't see a magic chip supply happening in the next six months let alone weeks.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
perspective would say, supply is short, demand is high, it's a sellers market to make cash. The filp side of that is, when you have no idea how long it will be to make a sale, you sell what you can to keep income stable and hope for optimism with chip supply increases. I don't see a magic chip supply happening in the next six months let alone weeks.
My dealer has 8 of them lined up in front on display. None of them are close to what I am looking for, but they do have a few on the lot.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
Last edited:

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
Pretty crazy but impacting every brand. My local vw dealer calls almost daily asking to buy my other car. Was curious about the market and plugged the info into carvana and vroom and both offered more than I paid 12 months ago, vroom was within a grand of msrp. I have a feeling we could flip our badlands for more than we paid too if we were so inclined.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
Pretty crazy but impacting every brand. My local vw dealer calls almost daily asking to buy my other car. Was curious about the market and plugged the info into carvana and vroom and both offered more than I paid 12 months ago, vroom was within a grand of msrp. I have a feeling we could flip our badlands for more than we paid too if we were so inclined.
I saw a used BL at a dealer site, not a Ford dealer, for what I guess would be 5k over MSRP.
It was 40k, 5000+ miles and did not have the BL package.
I wonder what they gave for it as a trade in.

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
I saw a used BL at a dealer site, not a Ford dealer, for what I guess would be 5k over MSRP.
It was 40k, 5000+ miles and did not have the BL package.
I wonder what they gave for it as a trade in.
Vroom offered me 41k (sticker was 42 and I paid 39) for my golf. just submitted my bronco's vin cuz I'm curious. will post the offer when I get it.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
I wonder if with the current two week pause my original build date of 5/3 would have missed out on the rear camera washer by a week - prior news articles showed that option to be added to all trims beginning 5/10. My new date is now 5/17... did I just get a free upgrade? One can hope.

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
I wonder if with the current two week pause my original build date of 5/3 would have missed out on the rear camera washer by a week - prior news articles showed that option to be added to all trims beginning 5/10. My new date is now 5/17... did I just get a free upgrade? One can hope.
Still waiting on my window sticker but that should confirm it in a few days
Sponsored