First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I am hopefully doing the same. Pushing my order out and no communication from the guy I was dealing with... I'm taking what's available
If you are not super picky about colors/options then you can probably find one in transit available near term. A lot of dealers have them on order and then customer ordered units get abandoned some times.
Sponsored

kelbel120

Badlands
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Well after my initial disappointment I guess a 2 week shutdown is better than what's happening with the F-150 line. They're stockpiling unfinished F-Series trucks on their test track. I wonder how long they're going to sit out there :frown:

https://fordauthority.com/2021/04/ford-now-stashing-incomplete-2021-ford-f-150-pickups-at-dearborn-test-track-photos/
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport production to be paused due to supply shortages 2021-Ford-F-150-Storage-Parked-Test-Track-Dearborn-Development-Center-Proving-Ground-April-202
Went by a dealer in Pinconning, MI and there were maybe a dozen cars on the lot. No trucks. This is getting crazy.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
If you are not super picky about colors/options then you can probably find one in transit available near term. A lot of dealers have them on order and then customer ordered units get abandoned some times.
Agreed, but I have an order in for what I've wanted, and I think I have one as close to my order as I will get, just have to wait to see if the dealer will hold it. Worst case my order just push out to freaking July 93rd.

Bamster00

Badlands
First Name
Bam Bam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4
and I question if it's REALLY a big deal. I had a MAY 17...WELL it says they pause until then. Does this mean they start and mine is now one of the reboot orders? Likewise, many were pushed to June production. Was this foresight and early planning to push and avoid stoppage/slack in the production ahead of time? One Ford employee told me they don't give VINs or schedules if parts aren't allocated. That doesn't mean they can't delay getting parts in place...just have to wait and see. Frustrating.
Interesting about the VIN number, I have mine already and the schedule says the end of May, I won't get my hopes too high! thanks.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
I just called the Ford Marketing number, 1-800-334-4375, they've always been quick to provide me with an updated production date in the past. The woman on the phone told me they're not able to do that any longer. I'm not sure if this is the case seems odd that something changed from 5 days ago. I may spin the wheel and call again and see if someone else has a different story. My sales person at the dealership hasn't gotten back to me either. Concerned and considering bailing out as this point.
I spun the wheel and called the marketing line a second time and this time the person was super helpful took my VIN and came back with my latest production date of 05-31-2021 in a few minutes, which shockingly has been moved up a week from 06-07-2021! I'm surprised but can't quite get happy as I seem to get a different story and time from everyone I've spoken with. My sales person is out of the office and texted me saying she checks twice a week and will let me know if anything changes, I don't believe her at this point.

Cactus Gray, BL+BL, Steelies, Tow, CMS etc. ordered 02-03-2021 -> latest prod date 5-31-2021 ?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Interesting about the VIN number, I have mine already and the schedule says the end of May, I won't get my hopes too high! thanks.
Keep in perspective my dealer is my only supply of info and hasn't said a word about this shut down. When I saw it coming with pushes and delays at that time he said I was still on for the 17th. Maybe he's right but logically those who had MAy 3 and 10 should push me two weeks...again no hopes.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I spun the wheel and called the marketing line a second time and this time the person was super helpful took my VIN and came back with my latest production date of 05-31-2021 in a few minutes, which shockingly has been moved up a week from 06-07-2021! I'm surprised but can't quite get happy as I seem to get a different story and time from everyone I've spoken with. My sales person is out of the office and texted me saying she checks twice a week and will let me know if anything changes, I don't believe her at this point.

Cactus Gray, BL+BL, Steelies, Tow, CMS etc. ordered 02-03-2021 -> latest prod date 5-31-2021 ?
But everyone pushed seems to have the same deal, moved up one week after push. Maybe they were shutting down to count parts, line up orders, and get the Bronco off the ground

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
But everyone pushed seems to have the same deal, moved up one week after push. Maybe they were shutting down to count parts, line up orders, and get the Bronco off the ground
Man I sure hope so but at this point I'm not counting on it or anything my confidence in anything Ford tells me is gone. I understand they're in a pickle but the lack of a single clear source of information is really not acceptable. I hate the dealership game. Fingers crossed and We will see.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Man I sure hope so but at this point I'm not counting on it or anything my confidence in anything Ford tells me is gone. I understand they're in a pickle but the lack of a single clear source of information is really not acceptable. I hate the dealership game. Fingers crossed and We will see.
I will cut them some slack. This isn't their doing. Bronco sport sales went crazy. Markets for the chips are Xbox X/S playstation 5 and all other manufacturing. Every make is having issues. I looked at Ram trucks and the guy said he'd call when he had one on his lot ..three months ago. It's everywhere and they don't have a clear picture. As I said, this covid sucks and cost a lot of lives, that part has slowed, it's time to get back to normal.

SharonCT

Badlands
First Name
Sharon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3 convertible
I ordered my BL + BL package on 2/8. Have had my VIN# since March, and a build date of 5/10. Contacted my dealer last week when I saw this news about production and she finally got back to me today. Told me that my build date has been pushed to 6/28 (!). She said her team are talking to the Ford rep for our region (I'm in CT) tomorrow to try to find out anything more that they can, and she says - to see if there's a way to escalate my build date. I'm really disappointed, but hopeful that maybe the date will get moved sooner like I've seen on some of these posts. I'm not sure it will happen, since I ordered with the sun / moon roof. :(

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Lol
I ordered my BL + BL package on 2/8. Have had my VIN# since March, and a build date of 5/10. Contacted my dealer last week when I saw this news about production and she finally got back to me today. Told me that my build date has been pushed to 6/28 (!). She said her team are talking to the Ford rep for our region (I'm in CT) tomorrow to try to find out anything more that they can, and she says - to see if there's a way to escalate my build date. I'm really disappointed, but hopeful that maybe the date will get moved sooner like I've seen on some of these posts. I'm not sure it will happen, since I ordered with the sun / moon roof. :(
WELL it sounded like shortage of moon roof components was one of the biggest sport specific issues. Chips, 360+, tow equipment being the other constraints. I think a lot of folks ordered packages with roof issues holding most back.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
New to the forum, but had ordered outerbanks on 2/9. My last update from Ford was build week of 5/3. I had no update email after that, and seeing this news of more production delay.
Just confirmed with dealer general manager current build
Date is 5/23. So a three week additional delay.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
New to the forum, but had ordered outerbanks on 2/9. My last update from Ford was build week of 5/3. I had no update email after that, and seeing this news of more production delay.
Just confirmed with dealer general manager current build
Date is 5/23. So a three week additional delay.
The Ford site does not reflect that? Order Tracker? My date was 5/3 but site shows in production.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
unfortunately, no it has not moved to in production yet....
See that's why I am so damn confused, because mine has the same build date and that is what it shows. When I spoke to Ford on the phone they said it was in the "Body Shop" but could not tell me what step in the manufacturing process that was.
Sponsored