Kitty’sBack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
This whole thing is bad for a quality build. Start, stop, employee moral, covid 19, civil unrest, political changes. The list goes on. I was interested in a Bronco but held off and now glad I did. I fear that the 2021's will have some real QC issues. It won't take much to grind everything to a stop, and those problems are out there.
Here in So Cal I don't see and Bronco Sports on lots or on the road. This 2 week shutdown will dry up any stock they had and will take weeks to restock. There are no easy answers and the new DC admin is clueless about everything other than blaming others. We could wake up one morning and find that a new car is the least of our problems.
It’s the chip shortage

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/29/business/chip-shortages-smartphones-consumer-goods/index.html?fbclid=IwAR0Of3db9HJIYAa9wnc4MVk_YhlZ3g-nmgCxu3mmfevSiVZJFi-3D4gKKW8

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
There should still be a supply incoming for a couple weeks, right? I'm looking for an OB in one of the blue or cactus grey colors.
yeah based on what I am seeing from dealer orders, there should be a lot of availability for the next couple of weeks...then woosh. Add to that the Bronco is starting May 3...it's about to get real.

Dustymedic

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red Bronco Sport OB
My dealer has gotten 15 BSs in the past month, all but 2 Base or BBs. And the BBs don't have any options that require more chips (moonroof, 360 plus).

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
So my build week was 5/3, but I didn’t get a love note from Ford pushing me back yet. Checked my status and I’m not in production. Do they only send push emails on Thursdays?
I just received my push back notice tonight - pushed back another 3 weeks. :confused: Ordered my BB with BB and trailer packages on Feb 15th, original build week was May 10th. Received VIN back in March. Moved build week to May 17th. Then moved build week to June 7th a few weeks back and tonight, moved the week of June 28th. UGH

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I just got email moving from June 21 to June 14? Original date was May 24.

760Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Still some decent stock in the Coachella valley area. Drove past Palm Springs motors and they had 2 Big Bends, an Outer Banks, and a base model. And Fiesta Ford about 15 miles away has about 4-5 big bends and an outer banks or 2.
Side note : starting to see a lot more on the road. I saw a base model and a badlands today within 5-10 minutes of each other

Laurenrj6486

Outer Banks
First Name
Lauren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
I just received my push back notice tonight - pushed back another 3 weeks. :confused: Ordered my BB with BB and trailer packages on Feb 15th, original build week was May 10th. Received VIN back in March. Moved build week to May 17th. Then moved build week to June 7th a few weeks back and tonight, moved the week of June 28th. UGH
Yep! Me too! Ordered 1/25 original build week 3/22 then 4/19 then 4/26 then 5/3 and now it’s 5/24. Never doing this again.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Yep! Me too! Ordered 1/25 original build week 3/22 then 4/19 then 4/26 then 5/3 and now it’s 5/24. Never doing this again.
I think I now know why some of the dealers in my area lost interest in taking my order. They knew.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
well...being fair, hopefully we never do this covidiocy again. The panic over a flu strain has put a serious kink in everything from chip supply, to work production, to sales etc. This like like no other time in history regarding availability of every car produced. Ford is expecting a 3-4 million unit loss in production across all makes.

Dbcamp

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Colorado
well...being fair, hopefully we never do this covidiocy again. The panic over a flu strain has put a serious kink in everything from chip supply, to work production, to sales etc. This like like no other time in history regarding availability of every car produced. Ford is expecting a 3-4 million unit loss in production across all makes.
My best friend lost his father and wife to the flu strain. I can wait a bit longer.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My best friend lost his father and wife to the flu strain. I can wait a bit longer.
my sincere condolences. It's a new virus. Many people are affected in very serious ways. Nobody had immunity or defense against it. I would never wish ill will on anyone. The long term consequences of the knee jerk reactions following the storm are causing bigger impacts now. I fully understand your point and I am sorry for your loss.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
B]
Very sorry to hear that. Fortunately I have been lucky enough to know many that have had this flu with little to no effect of underlying conditions causing something drastic.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
I think I now know why some of the dealers in my area lost interest in taking my order. They knew.
So odd. I had a build week of 5/3, it shows as in production and I never got a push back email...I am in total limbo as to WTF is actually going on.
Sponsored