5Dogs

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
For me the biggest difference was I can drive a car I own. I can't drive a car waiting to be built. I wanted BL+BL Co-P+. But I'm almost 6,000 miles in my FE and couldn't be happier.
Glad to hear that. My BL +BL build date kept getting pushed out. As of know, I am supposed to be getting a FE that is on a railcar now. I keep hoping that I won't regret the decision because I loved the look of the Ebony Roast seats in the BL + BL and had added the 360° Co Pilot assist.
Sponsored

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Consider this a blessing. You didn't want your BS built that week anyhow.

With the teething problems Ford is having getting this new product out at Hermosillo, what do you think Cinco de Mayo would do for quality?

Pausing production from May 3 to May 17 will hopefully provide Ford with an opportunity to address some of the quality issues we're hearing about.
LOL. Cinco de Mayo isn't even a federal holiday in Mexico. Just another day for most Mexicans. Way more Americans use that day as an excuse to go out and party.

DakotaBronco

First Edition
First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport
way Back in the day my family took delivery of a Country Squire land yacht. There was moldy cheese sandwich pressed between the rear jumper seat amongst many other issues. My dad worked for Ford and checked the build date. January 2nd

That said I’m 90% sure cinco di mayo is a manufactured gringo holiday.
Cinco di mayo is nothing in Mexico like it is up here.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Cinco di mayo is nothing in Mexico like it is up here.
Yeah, my comment was somewhat tounge-n-cheek, except for them needing a break to sort the QC issues.

5Dogs

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Well, just got my love note from FMC...build date extended again. 4 build dates so far.

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I placed my order March 30, 2021. My order initially had a scheduled production date for the week of May 17th, I was notified a few minutes ago that its been pushed back to the end of May. Definitely not the worse news (so far). I feel bad for everyone whos production dates have been pushed back several times now. I'm sure my Bronco will follow that same track ??

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I placed my order March 30, 2021. My order initially had a scheduled production date for the week of May 17th, I was notified a few minutes ago that its been pushed back to the end of May. Definitely not the worse news (so far). I feel bad for everyone whos production dates have been pushed back several times now. I'm sure my Bronco will follow that same track ??
mine was May 17 as well...haven't heard from my dealer yet, and don't get info from Ford directly. I have a feeling I am in the same boat. End of May isn't terrible but adds to the stress.

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
What is your build? I ordered Feb. 3 and my build was last scheduled for June 7th.
BL+BL, Tow, Cargo, 360+, Grey roof.
If I get delayed again, I will probably move on and either try to find a fully loaded Big Bend or go to a different vehicle.

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
What is your build? I ordered Feb. 3 and my build was last scheduled for June 7th.
BL+BL, Tow, Cargo, 360+, Grey roof.
If I get delayed again, I will probably move on and either try to find a fully loaded Big Bend or go to a different vehicle.
I have a BS OB + OB package, EBY/BRN leather trimmed, Cargo and 360 assist 2.0.

I read an article earlier this week saying MFG date for all Big Broncos would be pushed back at least until June. Not sure how your dealers are stocked with Bronco Sports in Nebraska but here in New Jersey, they have a ton of base and Big Bends in stock. The leather seats were a top priority for me or I would have gotten a fully loaded Big Bend as well.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Well I am still June 21 for now. First build date was May 24. So likely I will get the push email at some point again. Hoping Ford engineering is working on quality improvements while we wait with the ongoing delays. If I am lucky might have it by August, maybe....

Kachadurian

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Fiat 500
I'm not deeply concerned about my build date, because my Big Bend is going to be a winter car. I don't need it right away. My current build date is June 28th but I don't think I'll get it even in July. I just hope I get it before the snow flies in northern Michigan.

The real issue is this: at what point does it become a 2022, and will there be changes? Does anybody here work for Ford and know how those model year changes happen?

I wonder if therere will be any different colors, or options in 2022?

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
The real issue is this: at what point does it become a 2022, and will there be changes? Does anybody here work for Ford and know how those model year changes happen?

I wondered that as well. Before I placed my order, I saw some window stickers call out "2021 Model". This was not present on all window stickers I looked at...which was a lot lol.

I asked my sales guy at my dealership the same question if Ford would make any changes to the Bronco sport in 2022...2023...etc. He said that Ford is *not* likely to make any huge changes for the first three years after the initial rollout. Sort of what you're thinking, it'll be an additional exterior color option but nothing more.

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
Any BB's in Michigan that match your specs? I ask because when I was searching for mine, Michigan was loaded with inventory (relatively speaking) and I was considering a road trip.

]
Maybe better quality paint ;) I thought about waiting until 2022 but a) my old car was falling apart and b) you typically don't see huge changes outside of remedying issues, etc. -- maybe Sync4 will be standard.
Sponsored