pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
Well this keeps making it harder to convince my wife that we can go without a car while we're waiting for our Bronco Sport. last week she said why don't we just buy a Subaru? Please don't let this happen :frown: Friends don't let friends drive Subarus.
Sponsored

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
why don't we just buy a Subaru? Please don't let this happen :frown: Friends don't let friends drive Subarus.
Hah, when shopping for a new car it was down to the Forester and Bronco Sport. The Forester's a solid car for the class and price, but incredibly...boring. And I'd rather deal with the 1.5 L w/ wet timing belt than Subaru's CVT.

This thread makes me glad I traveled across two states to pick up my Big Bend. Hopefully anyone with orders in the queue won't get delayed beyond a few weeks.

Kitty’sBack

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeannette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Terrain
Ford to pause Bronco Sport output at Mexico plant amid supply shortages, report says
Several plants in Mexico have been idled due to the global microchip shortage
Reuters

April 29, 2021

MEXICO CITY -- Ford Motor Co.'s plant in the northern Mexican city of Hermosillo, which makes the hot-selling Bronco Sport crossover, will pause production from May 3 to May 17 due to supply shortages, three people familiar with the matter told Reuters on Wednesday.

Details of the Ford stoppage were revealed in an internal advisory seen by Reuters that was shared among union members at the plant, and confirmed by two industry sources in the state of Sonora, where Hermosillo lies. The union advisory said workers will get 75 percent of their pay during the stoppage.

Ford sold 23,356 Bronco Sports in the U.S. during the first quarter.

Mexico's auto industry has been hit by global shortages of chips, leading to temporary stoppages elsewhere too.

Ford did not reply immediately to a request for comment.
Ford to pause Bronco Sport output at Mexico plant amid supply shortages, report says
Several plants in Mexico have been idled due to the global microchip shortage
Reuters

April 29, 2021

MEXICO CITY -- Ford Motor Co.'s plant in the northern Mexican city of Hermosillo, which makes the hot-selling Bronco Sport crossover, will pause production from May 3 to May 17 due to supply shortages, three people familiar with the matter told Reuters on Wednesday.

Details of the Ford stoppage were revealed in an internal advisory seen by Reuters that was shared among union members at the plant, and confirmed by two industry sources in the state of Sonora, where Hermosillo lies. The union advisory said workers will get 75 percent of their pay during the stoppage.

Ford sold 23,356 Bronco Sports in the U.S. during the first quarter.

Mexico's auto industry has been hit by global shortages of chips, leading to temporary stoppages elsewhere too.

Ford did not reply immediately to a request for comment.
I am so glad I went full court press to search for my build every day at dealerships. Finally found it and brought it home on 4/6. My date got pushed out twice and who knows what may happen now.

Mister E

Badlands
First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands (on order)
and I question if it's REALLY a big deal. I had a MAY 17...WELL it says they pause until then. Does this mean they start and mine is now one of the reboot orders? Likewise, many were pushed to June production. Was this foresight and early planning to push and avoid stoppage/slack in the production ahead of time? One Ford employee told me they don't give VINs or schedules if parts aren't allocated. That doesn't mean they can't delay getting parts in place...just have to wait and see. Frustrating.
I received e mail from Ford on 4/15 informing me they made an "adjustment" to the production date for my Bronco BL (see screen shot of e mail).
So I wonder if Ford took into consideration of the plat shut down for 2-weeks in May when they made the "adjustment" to the production date of my Bronco.
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport production to be paused due to supply shortages 1619723826212

Terri Romano

Badlands
First Name
Terri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lincoln
I think you might be right I received a email on 4/15 pushing my build date from week of 4/17 to 4/31

Reactions: Jrl

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I received e mail from Ford on 4/15 informing me they made an "adjustment" to the production date for my Bronco BL (see screen shot of e mail).
So I wonder if Ford took into consideration of the plat shut down for 2-weeks in May when they made the "adjustment" to the production date of my Bronco.
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport production to be paused due to supply shortages 1619723826212
Yeah I'm seeing a lot of those. I've never received any emails from Ford. My dealer swears that's not how they do it. He said customer emails and names are not given to ford. He has all the information and sincerely has been great about updates and provided a VIN the day it was available. He says he checks on my order and many others in his system daily for changes and as of the last talk we had, mine was unchanged for May 17 build. It's a huge dealership in the motown ring, maybe they have some special priority...maybe he's not aware of changes I just don't know what to expect.

mooredl1

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Ford
Interesting, I received the same email on the 15th that says the same thing. :)

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I'm driving one just like the one I still have on order. I still get updates on it. Dealer snagged the twin for me and agreed to allow a longtime friend to take the unit I have ordered. He's old school, doesn't have a computer or smart phone. He is not going to be a happy camper. Maybe the auto manufacturers will wake up and realize that it might be better to charge a little more for a product than to be at the mercy of the Chinese for critical parts. They build cars in Mexico, why not chips? Create some jobs for people down there. Might help other problems as well.

Cameron

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
i Just got a build date Monday of June 28. Now with this new set back, I’m starting to rethink this. I ordered a badlands with BL package and the Co-Pilot360 assist in red. There are two First Editions in red available in my state. I was comparing the BL with the FE and I’m not seeing the benefit vs. the cost. Seeing what is standard on the FE that I was paying for the BL package pans out, but I’m still seeing about a $2500 difference for nothing. And it seems you can’t get the Co-Pilot360 assist on the FE. Other than my impatience, I don’t see where it is worth it. Am I missing something?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
i Just got a build date Monday of June 28. Now with this new set back, I’m starting to rethink this. I ordered a badlands with BL package and the Co-Pilot360 assist in red. There are two First Editions in red available in my state. I was comparing the BL with the FE and I’m not seeing the benefit vs. the cost. Seeing what is standard on the FE that I was paying for the BL package pans out, but I’m still seeing about a $2500 difference for nothing. And it seems you can’t get the Co-Pilot360 assist on the FE. Other than my impatience, I don’t see where it is worth it. Am I missing something?
yeah I think a lot of people are in the same boat. I am currently looking at other options with the hope what I have on order turns up...but I am not as confident as I was 24 hours ago...

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I'm driving one just like the one I still have on order. I still get updates on it. Dealer snagged the twin for me and agreed to allow a longtime friend to take the unit I have ordered. He's old school, doesn't have a computer or smart phone. He is not going to be a happy camper. Maybe the auto manufacturers will wake up and realize that it might be better to charge a little more for a product than to be at the mercy of the Chinese for critical parts. They build cars in Mexico, why not chips? Create some jobs for people down there. Might help other problems as well.
sadly your logic makes too much sense. Our 'government' without going on a massive rant, isn't out to make sense. They are out to make money for each other, and offer deals, tarrifs, and tax breaks to encourage buisness where THEY see fit, not where it helps, not where it makes the most sense...money is all they care about. And not money for you, money for their good ole boys. With the 2020 outcome, China is our new 'best friend'

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Wow this sucks. My build week was supposed to be 5/3 - guess that’s not happening.
Consider this a blessing. You didn't want your BS built that week anyhow.

With the teething problems Ford is having getting this new product out at Hermosillo, what do you think Cinco de Mayo would do for quality?

Pausing production from May 3 to May 17 will hopefully provide Ford with an opportunity to address some of the quality issues we're hearing about.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Consider this a blessing. You didn't want your BS built that week anyhow.

With the teething problems Ford is having getting this new product out at Hermosillo, what do you think Cinco de Mayo would do for quality?

Pausing production from May 3 to May 17 will hopefully provide Ford with an opportunity to address some of the quality issues we're hearing about.
solid point..forgot about cinco de mayo...yehaaa... post corona...likely to be a big party

CanineChamp

First Edition
First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mork

For me the biggest difference was I can drive a car I own. I can't drive a car waiting to be built. I wanted BL+BL Co-P+. But I'm almost 6,000 miles in my FE and couldn't be happier.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
solid point..forgot about cinco de mayo...yehaaa... post corona...likely to be a big party
Way back in the day my family took delivery of a Country Squire land yacht. There was moldy cheese sandwich pressed between the rear jumper seat amongst many other issues. My dad worked for Ford and checked the build date. January 2nd.

That said I’m 90% sure cinco di mayo is a manufactured gringo holiday.
Sponsored

Last edited: