Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Vehicle shortage new and used and a lot of people that will pay inflated prices so a lot of dealers are going to take advantage. Plus dealers can't make money off of volume selling. They are forced to make as much as possible off of each unit. Sellers market and these conditions won't end any time soon.
I was at dealers today getting other car new stickers,I walked around the lot and seen all the inventory that they do not have .Very sad looking. The dealers love it when customers cancel orders ,inventory low prices go up . And demand is high .I would be happy if I had a new bronco on order now.

Advertisement

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well said and it's one of the reasons I have held off contacting my original order. The dealer who has what I want minus one insignificant piece could have an 'accident' and sell the car out before I even have a shot. I have some faith, he was the original guy I test drove with so I do have some idea. As you said, the dealer I ordered through has been pretty straight forward, I don't want to burn that bridge if I can hold off a little while longer. It's getting harder and harder knowing one SHOULD be on a lot in a couple weeks...and the other MIGHT start production in a couple weeks with a month to ship it. If it builds on or near on time...no big deal I can wait.
Where my paranoia is creeping in...this looks like the dawn of a big problem...if one is available, and the chip problem grows exponentially...the one I have on order isn't started until July+ I am a fool holding out over a $100 part...its agonizing. As much as I love seeing all the broncos flow in it also makes me more anxious to get behind the wheel of my own.
Totally in agreement with that .I and hundreds of other bronco owners in the past half year have walked the same path as yourself and hundreds of other future bronco .There is a beginning and a end to everything. By the way what is the one part that you must get? I thought that I could not live without 360+2 not a huge deal trust me

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Totally in agreement with that .I and hundreds of other bronco owners in the past half year have walked the same path as yourself and hundreds of other future bronco .There is a beginning and a end to everything. By the way what is the one part that you must get? I thought that I could not live without 360+2 not a huge deal trust me
You are going to absolutely love the 2 .0 turbo, I have first edition that is basically a badlands .Mine has been flawless. No issues .

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are going to absolutely love the 2 .0 turbo, I have first edition that is basically a badlands .Mine has been flawless. No issues .
And yes I had a outerbanks for two days back in December of 2020 and I found that the 1.5 turbo is definitely more power than the majority of us will ever need .

CCFarmer

First Edition
First Name
CeeCee
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I am buying a first edition that appeared on dealer website with window sticker and car photos (in transit, not in stock). does this mean it is truly in transit?

Reactions: Jrl

dfwplaneguy

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ford escape
I am buying a first edition that appeared on dealer website with window sticker and car photos (in transit, not in stock). does this mean it is truly in transit?

i am in the same boat on a BSFE at my local dealer. I am using this link to track it as best as it will do. atleast it tells you if it is truely in transit or not, https://www.macheforum.com/site/pages/tracker/

13MikeH

Badlands
First Name
May 17 schedule
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger

CCFarmer

First Edition
First Name
CeeCee
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Is the ETA date the outside date?
One that I am looking at says it's indeed in transit with end of May delivery. If everything holds true it may be here sooner and I may have an option.
So mine has images and in transit on the pictures on the dealer website. But, when I look at the sticker I have two dates 4/30 in the box at the bottom MD301 and the date below is 5/1. R is in the top box area. Are the images shown on the dealer site my car, or is this 'stock' photography? When I do the mache vin, it has my car information but only build and eta dates, nothing else in the listing area....what does it mean? could it be on its way and nothing is updated?

13MikeH

Badlands
First Name
May 17 schedule
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger
Is the ETA date the outside date?

So mine has images and in transit on the pictures on the dealer website. But, when I look at the sticker I have two dates 4/30 in the box at the bottom MD301 and the date below is 5/1. R is in the top box area. Are the images shown on the dealer site my car, or is this 'stock' photography? When I do the mache vin, it has my car information but only build and eta dates, nothing else in the listing area....what does it mean? could it be on its way and nothing is updated?
macheforum tracker
I used this link from another poster above. I entered the vin of the bronco heading to a local dealer and it showed all the detailed delivery and bulid information. Granted it seems like their expected delivery is happening earlier than what the web info shows, but it gives me some idea with an eta of MAY 28 it could be a week earlier.
When I enter my build VIN, it shows nothing as it isn't even scheduled until the 17th assuming that date even holds up. I can't get any further info from the dealer I ordered with.

CCFarmer

First Edition
First Name
CeeCee
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
One that I am looking at says it's indeed in transit with end of May delivery. If everything holds true it may be here sooner and I may have an option.
Mine doesn't say in transit. I only have receipt date 1/9/21 and ETA of 6/3. Does this update in real time? If so, looks like mine hasn't been made and images on dealer site might be stock images and not the real car?

13MikeH

Badlands
First Name
May 17 schedule
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger
Mine doesn't say in transit. I only have receipt date 1/9/21 and ETA of 6/3. Does this update in real time? If so, looks like mine hasn't been made and images on dealer site might be stock images and not the real car?
just based off my experience, yeah it does update in real time, though many issues at play may not be day to day exact. Just based on what I've seen and observed from others, June 3 is a far end ETA. My build has an N/A eta as it hasn't hit production. I would guess the delivery SHOULD be sooner than June 3.
The dealer vehicle I know is built and it shows a ship date of 4/23 or something...still shows stock photos not the actual bronco. FWIW.

13MikeH

Badlands
First Name
May 17 schedule
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger
Supply shortages but somehow Ford can introduce a mid 2021 model introduction with the Explorer Timberline? https://www.motortrend.com/news/2021-ford-explorer-timberline-first-look-review/
2021-Ford-Explorer-Timberline-2.jpg
waiting on my information, yeah this was a bit of sour info, though if it's just another trim level in response to sales of the bronco and bronco sport...I doubt it affects materials availability as much as you might think. They haven't sold any, and hard to say when it releases to the public. It may be delayed until stuff starts to level out...which could well affect to 2023 at this pace.

Advertisement

Advertisement