First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F-150
Due to constraints on two tone paint schemes all Outer Banks will require Shadow Black exterior paint color. All Badlands will require Shadow Black or Carbonized Gray exterior paint color to match the roof paint color. Not sure how long this will last, just noticed the message on Ford's ordering system.
Sponsored

hemyer

First Name
Hannah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
Due to constraints on two tone paint schemes all Outer Banks will require Shadow Black exterior paint color. All Badlands will require Shadow Black or Carbonized Gray exterior paint color to match the roof paint color. Not sure how long this will last, just noticed the message on Ford's ordering system.
I'm assuming this only applies to new orders. Is that correct? Do you think it will affect my white badlands that is scheduled to be built in December?

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F-150
I'm assuming this only applies to new orders. Is that correct? Do you think it will affect my white badlands that is scheduled to be built in December?
Great question, I think it applies to any unscheduled orders but you never know. I guess check an eye out to see if any scheduled order gets pushed back build dates.

Bronco G

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Sorry, but can you clarify the point of this post. It sounds like OBs will only be avalible in one color (Shadow Black) and BLs in just two (Shadow Black or Carbonized Gray). Am I reading that correctly? What happens if you've already ordered a different color?

BroncoDave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am unsure about this post. I believe that only Outer Banks and Badlands have a possibility of two tone and has been that way since the start. Please correct me if I am wrong, but don't Outer Banks all have a black roof and Badlands have the option of either a black roof or Carbonized Grey? Thanks.

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
This is confusing. So is this gonna apply to existing orders with another follow-up email from Ford addressing the delay? Or is it for new orders? I have an Oxford White Outer Banks on order (submitted August 17) and I do not want the color changed on me because of a sudden constraint. That's not fair to the consumer to get promised something that the company decides not to make out of the blue. If that's the case, I'm out.

OP
OP
fordvideoguy

fordvideoguy

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford F-150
Sorry, but can you clarify the point of this post. It sounds like OBs will only be avalible in one color (Shadow Black) and BLs in just two (Shadow Black or Carbonized Gray). Am I reading that correctly? What happens if you've already ordered a different color?
Then it won't be scheduled for production. The OB comes with black roof, so since they can't build a two tone paint scheme unless you have the Shadow Black exterior color. On the Badlands, they can have either a gray or black roof so those exterior colors that match the roof color will be able to be scheduled for production, an other color will need to wait until they can produce two tone paint scheme again.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Whole new meaning of paint chips? 😎

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
So some shortage can only get all black OB or all black or all grey Badlands? What is there a masking tape shortage can't do two colors on the body any more? Really?

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
If this is for real, Ford is about to lose an incomprehensible amount of sales. Also, if this applies to existing orders that are all the other colors, Ford is about to piss off a lot of customers. I just have a hard time believing this. I didn't think something like this was possible. I can understand the mechanical parts constraints such as the sheet metal, semiconductors, rubber for tires, etc. But for paint? C'mon! Seriously? If all of our OB and BL orders are gonna get altered to one color as a result of a dumb constraint, then I'm out because that's some bul*****! I'm assuming FordVideoGuy will come out with a video to address this because an explanation is needed.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Yeah like shortage of masking tape masking paper so can't paint the body two different colors? And as a result limit colors to black and grey? I can't have an all Area 51, no, just can:t let that happen except on lower trims?? And we are supposed to take this seriously? Like if Ford actually goes through with this they win the dumbest constraint excuse award ever.

pkmed

Outer Banks
First Name
V
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I'll go to home depot and buy some masking paper and tape and mail it to them so they can get it together...

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
Where did you find this out? I looked at the building tool for the Bronco Sport and no where does it mention color restraints. The only restraints that I saw are they’re currently not going to build base trims at the moment.

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
See? They’re currently not doing Base trims at the moment, but no where on the building tool does it say anything about color restraints for both the Outer Banks and the Badlands.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Outer Banks and Badlands Two Tone 0D5B9A98-5DC0-4387-A72D-0B604845F673

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Outer Banks and Badlands Two Tone B442F586-6DF8-48AD-A395-4A3071F52847

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Outer Banks and Badlands Two Tone 8C0CF513-82DC-484B-8B29-508D9CA06693
Sponsored