RPYLE50

Outer Banks
First Name
Rowdy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Good morning Bronco Sport Nation! I have been reading this forum since the day I fell in love with the look and style of the Br/onco Sport. I finally picked up my '23 Bronco Sport Outer Banks in Cactus Gray with Ebony Roast interior, Tech Package, Tow Package, and Moonroof. It is amazing and well worth the wait for those of you who have ordered and are still waiting for delivery.

A few items for the forum: Items that have changed or been removed from previous years:
* The rear seat headrest flip down,
* The HVAC temperature read out on the knobs,
* the ambient lighting on the cup holders,
* the engine cover,
* and the hood insulation.

My take: The only thing that bothers me is the rear seat headrest flip-down and the hood insulation. It would have been nice when I lay down the rear seats w/o having to move the seats forward. The hood insulation makes the SUV look "finished". Without the insulation, it looks like the manufacturer forgot something. I am fine without the temp readout on the knobs, it is shown on the Synch screen. I am also fine w/o the ambient lighting in the cupholder.

For those of you still waiting on your order, here is my chain of events:
* Placed order with the dealership on 9/12/22
* Received email from Ford that my order has been confirmed: 9/16/22
* Email from Ford that vehicle is scheduled for production on 11/21/22. VIN # was assigned.
* Email from Ford that vehicle production date has moved to 12/5/22.
* Email from Ford that vehicle production date has moved to 12/12/22.
* Email from Ford that vehicle has been built! 12/17/22, Scheduled delivery date to the dealership is 1/6/23- 1/12/23.
* Dealership called to say that Bronco Sport was delivered and ready for pickup on 1/14/23.

I hope this helps some of you! The Bronco Sport is well worth the wait! It is a great SUV!
Sponsored

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
Does yours have the panel under the dash on the passenger side?
My '23 OBX was delivered on January 11. It was missing the engine cover, dash panel, illuminated cup holders and several other things that previous year OBX had. I have replaced the missing engine cover and dash panel so far, and the others are on my to do list.

OP
OP
RPYLE50

RPYLE50

Outer Banks
First Name
Rowdy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Does yours have the panel under the dash on the passenger side?
Forgot about that one! I just checked and it does not have a panel. Honestly, I probably would not have noticed. Does anyone have a photo of what one looks like “with” the panel?

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Our Outer Banks is very similarly specked as yours, except in Oxford White and without the tow package and moonroof. The only add-on is the Technology Package. It should be here within the next couple of weeks. My email says the ETA falls between Jan. 17-23. However, my dealer and I both agree that estimate is very optimistic, or in other words, unrealistic.

The last status update I got was on Monday saying it's in Illinois. The new VinView tracking system has two ETA estimates, one for Jan. 20 and one for Jan. 27 which the latter seems more in-line. If not, then definitely early February. I can't tell you how excited I am for it! The anticipation is killer! I'm being teased by a lineup of seven Bronco Sports on our lot and wishing one of them was ours! I've test-driven our trim and it's very quiet despite no hood insulation and the steering rack is phenomenal. It's very tight and zippy around town and has plenty of power!

OP
OP
RPYLE50

RPYLE50

Outer Banks
First Name
Rowdy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Great! Hopefully you will get the call sooner rather than later! You will love it when it arrives.

Honestly, if I had not read the forum, I probably would not have noticed the missing parts, with the exception of the hood insulator and engine cover, just because that is what I am used to seeing in newer SUVS/Cars.

The 1.5 is pretty zippy around town and the SUV has a very solid overall feel! Well worth the wait!

JCap

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Congrats on getting yours! Glad you are happy with it.

it’s very odd I am seeing so many people have theirs delivered already even though I have less add-ons and I have the same or many times earlier order date. I guess mine must have been at the back of the line? Last update dealer said not until mid February. Wait is becoming excruciating and frustrating!

BodieBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2023
23 OBX here also!!
Atlas blue metallic. Ebony roast.
Moonroof, co pilot assist +, tech pkg
Ordered and confirmed 9/1
Scheduled and VIN 11/21
In production 11/29
Window sticker 12/5
Built 12/10
Shipped 12/12
Arrived to railyard in town 12/22
(And then everything slowed down due to a shortage of truck drivers. Dealer expected it in 4 days from then, FoMoCo eta by jan 3. No one could do anything but wait )
Delivered to Dealership 1/10
Purchased 1/14

Same stuff of course deleted over time as yours from previous model years.

The only thing I really really miss and wish was still included is folding back headrests. In any car I would have expected hose to fold down. It seems like the ones I have should be removable, but I can't seem to be strong enough to push the button and wiggle them out. They really ought to just fold though. This is my disappointment in ford taking those away.

My mistake was not realizing that only the badlands trim had the front camera for sand mode. I knew i wasn't getting mud and ruts and rock crawl. I knew i wasn't getting the back seat storage even though I thin that's awesome and I wish it was an option I could have paid to have installed at the factory. But i thought sand mode always came with the front camera. I feel misled on that. Of course the camera is part of the badlands grill. But no where was it made clear or asterisked that sand mode got the camera only with the other additional GOAT modes. When reading about the features, sand mode states it has the front camera. And it's really useful for sand mode as the hood is so prominent. I'm tons more upset and mad about this than i am about engine covers or cosmetic dial temperature read outs.

I really should write Ford and complain so they can either figure out how to add it for all sand modes or just be clearer that sand only gets that ability with mud and rocks.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport OBX Delivered/Thoughts 20230119_180542

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport OBX Delivered/Thoughts 20230116_131715
Sponsored

Last edited: