Bronco Sport Not Even Delivered Yet and......

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Jeep Gladiator
I still have one item left to install, the AVS bug deflector. I was waiting for the ceramic coat to fully cure and then it had to go into the dealer for an issue with the brake booster. I just got it back last night. I am happy overall with it but now that winter has rolled in I will not have a chance test it in the mountains until probably June after the snow melts.
Understand. Glad the dealership took care of the brake booster issue. At least you will be able to get around safely in the snow in your Bronco Sport. Glad you are happy with it! Just wish our Badlands would show up. Still in transit for the last 5 days and 15 hours. At least we are not in the recall with the 1.5 liter 3 cylinder possible leaking fuel issue. And guess you won't be on the BMW R1200 anytime soon either. Darn old wintertime :frown:
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Understand. Glad the dealership took care of the brake booster issue. At least you will be able to get around safely in the snow in your Bronco Sport. Glad you are happy with it! Just wish our Badlands would show up. Still in transit for the last 5 days and 15 hours. At least we are not in the recall with the 1.5 liter 3 cylinder possible leaking fuel issue. And guess you won't be on the BMW R1200 anytime soon either. Darn old wintertime :frown:
The weather flip flops around here so frequently that motorcycle rides are possible in just about every month of the year. I have a heated jacket, with heated handgrips and seat, which means comfortable riding into the mid 30’s.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The weather flip flops around here so frequently that motorcycle rides are possible in just about every month of the year. I have a heated jacket, with heated handgrips and seat, which means comfortable riding into the mid 30’s.
Sounds Good! About 50 degrees is my limit for comfy riding. I have a new heated vest I need to try out so maybe I can ride in the mid 40's. At 68 years young, I am not as tough as I once was. Hopefully the Bronco Sports have good heaters!!!

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Sounds Good! About 50 degrees is my limit for comfy riding. I have a new heated vest I need to try out so maybe I can ride in the mid 40's. At 68 years young, I am not as tough as I once was. Hopefully the Bronco Sports have good heaters!!!
You and me both, but your lower limit is less than mine! I don’t ride much below 60 anymore even in full leathers. Used to be the first day over 40, not anymore. Definitely part of getting old!

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You and me both, but your lower limit is less than mine! I don’t ride much below 60 anymore even in full leathers. Used to be the first day over 40, not anymore. Definitely part of getting old!
đź‘Ť

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
I am buying all sorts of accessories.
And I was just fine and a normal person before I found this forum.
What the heck is wrong with me???

Mudflaps
Tow Strap
Soft Shackles
Stubby Antenna
Rear Rubber Cargo Mat
Bucking Bronco Horse Emblem For Rear Liftgate
Start Stop Eliminator
Portable Jump Pack
Soft Stuffed Bronco Toy (For Wifey)
GMRS Portable Radio

And Black Friday is not even over yet......

I hope there are others out there like me as I would hate to be the only crazy one here....

Phil in Tennessee

I'm the same Phil! My OBX is scheduled to be built on December 5th. If the railroads strike, I probably won't get it until August I've spent about $300 on accessories so far. I also have several more projects in mind (Illuminated cup holders, illuminated heater controls, and a glove box light). It's all because of this darn forum. I should've waited to join after I got my vehicle.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm the same Phil! My OBX is scheduled to be built on December 5th. If the railroads strike, I probably won't get it until August I've spent about $300 on accessories so far. I also have several more projects in mind (Illuminated cup holders, illuminated heater controls, and a glove box light). It's all because of this darn forum. I should've waited to join after I got my vehicle.
LOL!!! Tell you what Michael, I agree because I was fine until I joined this forum too! Sounds like you have a 2023 on order and mine was a 2022 dealer order that no one had claimed yet, so I jumped on it with my deposit! Mine has been built and is "In Transit" at this time for almost 6 days. Not sure where it is at, hopefully in the states by now! You might get your OBX sooner than August too. Figure normal time is about 6 months or less. I bet if the RR strike is not cancelled due to an agreement, that hopefully it will not last too long. Both parties will suffer for sure. Anyway, I may have to look into the glove box light. Had not seen that one yet, sounds interesting!

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport Badlands, 66 Tiger
In 50 years Bill, I don't think I will be around to care, unless I live to 118....Probably ain't gonna happen :frown:
Crazy is only in your mind, if you have one like I sometime think I have...LOL!!!
Phil, you're a youngster -- I'd be 123, and I know it ain't gonna happen, I'm on the proverbial banner peel now and what a ride!

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Phil, you're a youngster -- I'd be 123, and I know it ain't gonna happen, I'm on the proverbial banner peel now and what a ride!
Well Bill, I know you are an honest man and would never intentionally tell a fib, however you need to check your keyboard keys as I believe that your intent was not to say that you are going to be 123, unless you are short and really skinny and that is your weight, not age!

BTW, I found your picture on an internet search!!!
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Not Even Delivered Yet and...... Imag_5668

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Op it’s a fact that when this economy crashes next October people will get very needy, for food and clothing and housing.
There won’t be so many toys for us rich guys to buy.
It’s good you’re getting your capitalist consumer goods fetish out of your system now.
But this may make your withdrawal symptoms worse in the long run.
Hahaha just kidding, Everything’s gonna be alright.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Op it’s a fact that when this economy crashes next October people will get very needy, for food and clothing and housing.
There won’t be so many toys for us rich guys to buy.
It’s good you’re getting your capitalist consumer goods fetish out of your system now.
But this may make your withdrawal symptoms worse in the long run.
Hahaha just kidding, Everything’s gonna be alright.
Not rich by any means, Marty. Wish I was. October, huh? I thought it was going to come sooner than that! Have my MRE's, water, generator, and other necessities to maintain. I hope you do as well. Now, back on topic... Should I buy a lift kit for the Bronco Sport before it comes in or wait until after it shows up????? :)

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Before, as it will just get more spensive.

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well Bill, I know you are an honest man and would never intentionally tell a fib, however you need to check your keyboard keys as I believe that your intent was not to say that you are going to be 123, unless you are short and really skinny and that is your weight, not age!

BTW, I found your picture on an internet search!!!
Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Not Even Delivered Yet and...... Imag_5668
Thanks buddy, but we won’t speak of my weight. What I meant was add 50 years to my age and you get a longevity score of 123 years — way beyond my “sell by” date

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks buddy, but we won’t speak of my weight. What I meant was add 50 years to my age and you get a longevity score of 123 years — way beyond my “sell by” date
Guess I better get my spectacles out when reading my computer!!! I totally misunderstood your intent. So that puts you 5 years older than me or 73, if my math is correct. You have to admit though that my attachment was cute and you and I are both old enough to remember that little wooden boy with the long nose...LOL!!! I bet he would have a difficult time driving a Bronco Sport with that long nose... :crackup:

Bill G

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guess I better get my spectacles out when reading my computer!!! I totally misunderstood your intent. So that puts you 5 years older than me or 73, if my math is correct. You have to admit though that my attachment was cute and you and I are both old enough to remember that little wooden boy with the long nose...LOL!!! I bet he would have a difficult time driving a Bronco Sport with that long nose... :crackup:
Yeah, saw him when he premired(??? sp) in LA, I think. And “you been readin’ my mail”, my nose is “almost“ that big and was that straight once, but that’s a story for another day <lol>.
Sponsored