Bronco Sport Non-Outer Banks Ambient Lighting Modifications?

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Atlas Blue Metallic
Hey Team, hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I'm eagerly awaiting the Badlands I ordered, and have been "window shopping" for tires, rims, lift kits, nudge bars, etc. Can't wait for Christmas.

However, I realized that the Badlands apparently doesn't have ambient lighting and was wondering if anyone has added after market packages, etc and how it looks.

Also, curious about Rock Lighting options if anyone has done it.

Thanks to everyone on here, you guys have been great for newbies...

RR
Sponsored

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Theoretically you could add the factory lighting but it would involve some cutting/drilling and ForScan programming along with a few parts swaps. There are tons of aftermarket light kits that would do both of those things. Shopped for kits, but didn't buy one yet. There are 4 map lights which helped anytime it was dark and I wanted to see something.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Hey Team, hope everyone is having a great weekend.

I'm eagerly awaiting the Badlands I ordered, and have been "window shopping" for tires, rims, lift kits, nudge bars, etc. Can't wait for Christmas.

However, I realized that the Badlands apparently doesn't have ambient lighting and was wondering if anyone has added after market packages, etc and how it looks.

Also, curious about Rock Lighting options if anyone has done it.

Thanks to everyone on here, you guys have been great for newbies...

RR
There has been a few posts regarding additional lighting. Unfortunately, the search function isn’t always perfect especially if you can’t spell like me. I’ll snoop around for you. There is a lit 6 or 8 position switch that can be placed above your left knee. Wires can run down the “A” pillar. Plenty of ditch lights and brackets for the hood. Same for rock lights in the wheel wells. Some have taken the Escape cup holder lights and have installed them. Only the OBX had the wiring though for those. Don’t recall any other internal lighting mods but my memory isn’t great.

watchnerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands
I also have a Badlands on order.

I have no idea what the ambient lighting from the OB looks like.

What am I missing out on?

Is it a big deal?

OP
OP
RogueRodney

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Watchnerd:

Is Ambeint Lighting a "big deal?" I guess that depends on what you want in your vehicle. Ambient lighting is effectively the "soft glow" from the footwells and under the dash in the car. It enables you to see internally without impacting night vision or needing to turn on a "white light."

Is it "needed?" No, most car features these days aren't really needed (brakes are always nice...). But I do find it tends to lend a refinement to the interior of the vehicle.

Is this important if you are looking at making it a rock crawler, definitely not...

RR

watchnerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hey Watchnerd:

Is Ambeint Lighting a "big deal?" I guess that depends on what you want in your vehicle. Ambient lighting is effectively the "soft glow" from the footwells and under the dash in the car. It enables you to see internally without impacting night vision or needing to turn on a "white light."

Is it "needed?" No, most car features these days aren't really needed (brakes are always nice...). But I do find it tends to lend a refinement to the interior of the vehicle.

Is this important if you are looking at making it a rock crawler, definitely not...

RR
Thanks.

I've never had a car with lights in the footwells.

Last edited:

el_barto

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 NotaFord
If you are looking to do Rock Lights I highly recommend Lux Lighting Systems…they are more expensive than some of the other options but they are bright, fairly well made*, and the best part they are magnetic so you can place them on the body without drilling

https://luxlightingsystems.com/

* I’ve had them on my truck for 2.5 years, no issues or major complaints, they aren’t perfect but better than anything else I’ve seen. The “issues” are they are magnetic so they collect magnetic (brake dust), and I found that causes them to get slightly discolored. A couple of them have gotten small epoxy chips but nothing major or concerning.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Non-Outer Banks Ambient Lighting Modifications? 29D284C6-EFBF-4D2C-A21E-DCC5E8ACD0A4

OP
OP
RogueRodney

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
el_barto:

Appreciate the advice! Thanks for your help.

RR
Sponsored