Thatch

Badlands
First Name
TAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Cherokee, 72 CJ5, 2017 GTI
This seems like the appropriate thread....does anyone know where the 3.1 cubic feet is lost behind the second row between the base/big bend/outer banks and the badlands?

The specific line from the specs reads:
Behind 2nd row (maximum) (1.5L / 2.0L) (cu. ft.)32.5/29.4
Based on the rear measurements to hit 3.1 cubic feet you would have to drop the rear floor close to 4 inches. I have never removed the tire to make this measurement but I will try and estimate it based on the mount locations and see if that is the case or not.

jaltx

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Based on the rear measurements to hit 3.1 cubic feet you would have to drop the rear floor close to 4 inches. I have never removed the tire to make this measurement but I will try and estimate it based on the mount locations and see if that is the case or not.
Please don’t go to any great trouble on my behalf.

Tawnygal

First Edition
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tonyadoughty.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE, 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Checking in here again because I had to verify that there really IS more "room" (usable to me, anyway) than in the full-size Bronco. I car camp in my Sport and my husband wants to do so in his full-size. After finding some dimension in the Bronco Forum, I thought I had to be mis-remembering these for the Sport because my ASSUMPTION was that the full-size HAD to be bigger. It isn't. I believe overall there is more cargo VOLUME, yes, but putting a mattress in and sleeping isn't nearly as doable. Plus they have that giant 4" dip/gap where the back seats fold down. SO happy I changed my order from the full-size to the Sport and let my husband take it :) Here is a quick illustration using dimensions I found here (for the BS) and in the Bronco forum for the Bronco (4-door). I have not looked at any model differences (if any.) And I tried to show the 4" jump in seat heights without it influencing the overall length of the cargo area. In this illustration, it looks like it increases (sleeping space) length, but it really just jumps UP. I only see a 1" difference in length overall (to the Bronco, 60" v. 59") but several inches width difference (to the BS).

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Cargo Measurements / Dimensions (Length, Width, Height & More) Bronco cargo comparisons

Here's the link I used for the Bronco measurements:
3D Scans + Dimensions of 4-Door Bronco Cargo Area (and vs Outback) | Bronco6G - 2021+ Ford Bronco & Bronco Raptor Forum, News, Blog & Owners Community

And without the gap represented:

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Cargo Measurements / Dimensions (Length, Width, Height & More) Bronco cargo comparisons-02

Last edited:

Vangie

Badlands
First Name
Vangie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Here is every measurement I could think of for the cargo area of the Bronco Sport Badlands package. All measurements in inches taken three times and rounded to the nearest quarter inch. If anyone has questions or needs something I missed just ask.

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Cargo Measurements / Dimensions (Length, Width, Height & More) Bronco Sport Cargo Trunk Area Measurement Dimensions 1

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Cargo Measurements / Dimensions (Length, Width, Height & More) Bronco Sport Cargo Trunk Area Measurement Dimensions 2

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Cargo Measurements / Dimensions (Length, Width, Height & More) Bronco Sport Cargo Trunk Area Measurement Dimensions 3

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Cargo Measurements / Dimensions (Length, Width, Height & More) Bronco Sport Cargo Trunk Area Measurement Dimensions 4

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Cargo Measurements / Dimensions (Length, Width, Height & More) front

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport Cargo Measurements / Dimensions (Length, Width, Height & More) hatch
Many thanks!!! A tremendous help in making overlanding modifications!!!! 😊✌🏽❗❗❗❗

strckerie

Big Bend
First Name
Kathy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Thank you so much! Looking to buy a soft collapsible travel crate for our German shepherd and this information is very helpful!
Sponsored