fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Question is , do you believe your Dealer ? Sometimes you don't get the whole story from them , maybe more then sometimes . I would keep on CS ear.
Sponsored

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Someone needs to figure out a good relocation for this. Wonder why Ford thought inside the wheel well was a good place for the ECU? Even if it’s sealed water tight, I don’t like the idea of it potentially being underwater at times. They did this but left that huge open space inside the fender on the drivers side, would’ve been high and dry there it seems.
Agree. No electrical components should be lower than the 23.5 inches Ford advertises that the Bronco can traverse. Need to quickly change production for this and provide fixes on existing units if they fail. Maybe even a recall.

OP
OP
Big Brody

Big Brody

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Over on the Facebook group I am seeing reports of Advance Trac and other errors coming up when driving in the rain. This is the same errors I saw when it died. I suspect the person who has these issues in the rain is also the connectors of the PCM.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Agree. No electrical components should be lower than the 23.5 inches Ford advertises that the Bronco can traverse. Need to quickly change production for this and provide fixes on existing units if they fail. Maybe even a recall.
Agreed. Will Ford do anything? They might just deny claims instead of fixing it....

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
They really can't deny warranty claims if its because of where the ECU is & getting wet driving around in the rain or driving through a puddle & if they did , I would see Legal advice .

roaddiet

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RAV4 Hybrid
The dealer submitted it for warranty and now Ford is kicking it back and won't give a reason for it. The dealer's hands are tied. Does anyone have a Ford contact that can help me out? The customer service refuses to call me back after promising multiple times that they would.
You could try finding and messaging Ford’s head of product on LinkedIn: Hau Thai-Tang. ;)

Bamster00

Badlands
First Name
Bam Bam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAV4
if memory serves me correctly AAA will only help on road. If your off road your on your own. Still worth having but double check, most won’t touch off road recovery.
fyi - I stopped using AAA for my RAV4 got caught in about 12 in. of water on a regular paved road (had to have the engine replaced after) and AAA refused to help me tow it out of the water. My insurance had coverage for that though so I used them instead - yours might too. Hoping I don't have any of these issues when my BS comes in.

Snake Doctor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands (Iconic Silver)
This is some complete bullcrap, both the fact that the OP's truck died in the first place and especially Ford's response to it thus far. Has definitely rattle my confidence in the brand and the vehicle. Please let us know how it goes, sorry this went down the way it has!

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
This is some complete bullcrap, both the fact that the OP's truck died in the first place and especially Ford's response to it thus far. Has definitely rattle my confidence in the brand and the vehicle. Please let us know how it goes, sorry this went down the way it has!
Agreed! This is a serious issue that Ford needs to address. I’m fine with recalls. Stuff like that happens with new vehicles. I’m not fine with issues that should be a recall that aren’t addressed. And what possible justification do they think they have for not covering it under warranty?

AnotherBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"14 Wrangler JKUR, Ram 2500 6.7 4x4
19 vs 23 inches is really hard to prove. A moving stream vs still water can make a huge difference. How fast you go through it can really matter. Sucks that it leaves you dead. We used to go through deep water in reverse to keep water out. The new Broncos will be far from perfect as many will discover. 2021 will be a learning year for the Guinea pigs.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Meanwhile, Ford is currently running commercials showing Bronco Sport driving through rivers claiming you can go anywhere in it. But thats ok cause ppl will see commercials, call dealers, and find out none are available.....

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
I remember taking my Escape through some deep water on several occasions. No problems with immediate stranding, although it was known to take it's toll on alternators, at least on the 2.3L.

Traditionally, most ECU's were firewall mounted, high and centered, protruding rearward through the firewall for maximum protection.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"If you like water, go there"
Sponsored