First Name
Siu
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Tesla Model 3
That sucks, hope they get it sorted out and fixed for free. Hope others aren't having the same issue. Wonder how we can check if ours are okay.
Sponsored

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I'm concerned on where that MCU is also , the kind of rain we get down here , you could easily go through a large puddle on the Highway & dump a lot of water in that area . This is a concern & as I said before , a real dumb place to put the MCU & any connectors .

Raymo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Any word on relocating it or how hard it would be? Is there enough slack in wiring to move it somewhere else? Seems like there’s plenty of room under the hood.

broncobuster2550

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Something slow
Any word on relocating it or how hard it would be? Is there enough slack in wiring to move it somewhere else? Seems like there’s plenty of room under the hood.
It might not be able to take the heat soak from being inside the engine bay. And if it goes bad from overheating it most definitely wouldn't get covered by warranty, whereas this soaked ECU should.

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
It is going to be covered under warranty. So far they are replacing the MCU (main computer unit?) and the engine harness. Amazingly they found parts. Now I have to wait to see if anything else got toasted once MCU and harness are replaced. They are chalking it up to the connector not being sealed. You may all want to have the dealer take a look at your own MCUs to ensure the connector is correct before getting caught like I did.
If I am reading this correctly it was the connector going into the ECU - correct ? Did they also look at the wiring harness connector located behind the tow hook to see if water had penetrated that connector ? Interesting that they want to replace the engine harness as well.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
And then theres videos like this of people waterfording sucessfully in pretty deep stuff... I wonder if there were production issues on some sports to keep that stuff dry. Regardless, that sucks, good luck, i hope they cover that for you

That video shows the correct performs. Something seems wrong in the mishap.

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
It is currently at a dealer in Colorado getting looked at. I'm out $800 in towing plus another trip back to bring my mountain bike back home. I'll keep this thread updated.
Thanks for the reminder I need to turn AAA back on.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
Thanks for the reminder I need to turn AAA back on.
if memory serves me correctly AAA will only help on road. If your off road your on your own. Still worth having but double check, most won’t touch off road recovery.

fastlax16

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport Badlands, 2019 VW Golf R
if memory serves me correctly AAA will only help on road. If your off road your on your own. Still worth having but double check, most won’t touch off road recovery.
I won't be off-roading so not an issue for me. That said, you can tow it, or pull it, to the nearest road and then call AAA. Won't work in every scenario obviously. I know people who've had breakdowns at track events and done the same thing, get it just outside the facility then get AAA on the line.

OP
OP
Big Brody

Big Brody

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
I won't be off-roading so not an issue for me. That said, you can tow it, or pull it, to the nearest road and then call AAA. Won't work in every scenario obviously. I know people who've had breakdowns at track events and done the same thing, get it just outside the facility then get AAA on the line.
It was a state maintained road, so in this case AAA probably would have worked. Ford Roadside Assistance wilk take you 35 miles. I just forgot about it and wanted to talk to the company directly.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I filled out the JD Powers survey , hay , they included a crisp $1 bill in there, should have been a $20 spot , & I wrote in two areas about my concerns on where the MCU was & possible water intrusion . One question asked if there were any engine concerns & the other was what would I relay to the manufacturer of any improvements . Maybe nothing , but maybe someone with Ford will see it .

OP
OP
Big Brody

Big Brody

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
The dealer submitted it for warranty and now Ford is kicking it back and won't give a reason for it. The dealer's hands are tied. Does anyone have a Ford contact that can help me out? The customer service refuses to call me back after promising multiple times that they would.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
The dealer submitted it for warranty and now Ford is kicking it back and won't give a reason for it. The dealer's hands are tied. Does anyone have a Ford contact that can help me out? The customer service refuses to call me back after promising multiple times that they would.
That's telling of their customer commitment, not calling back as promised and not providing cause.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
So 18 inches of water on a Badlands and now Ford won't pay to fix it? But CX5s can make it through same crossing? All their marketing says it can go through 23 inches of water but if you try less deep water and damage occurs not covered? carcomplaints.com does not have BS model up yet but when they do post it on there. And dealer fixes it first and then submits to Ford? So you telling us you now stuck with some huge bill?

OP
OP
Big Brody

Big Brody

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
So 18 inches of water on a Badlands and now Ford won't pay to fix it? But CX5s can make it through same crossing? All their marketing says it can go through 23 inches of water but if you try less deep water and damage occurs not covered? carcomplaints.com does not have BS model up yet but when they do post it on there. And dealer fixes it first and then submits to Ford? So you telling us you now stuck with some huge bill?
The dealer submitted it all the estimates to Ford for approval. They can't do anything until Ford approved according to the service manager. Apparently Ford can fine them if they do a warranty repair outside of approval. I contacted my insurance and hope they can put some pressure on Ford too.
Sponsored