Kignelzi

First Name
Kathrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Greetings!
Got a call that my local dealership had a loaner in my color/badlands and asked if I wanted to come down and look at it before they posted it. They said it had about 2k miles on it.

Get down there and the bumper is off because they are replacing it after a loanee damaged it. They told us it was a “small dent”, but after looking at it the bumper the damage was much worse.

The sales manager kept telling me about the other bronco sports flying off the lot—but they didn’t have multiple driver miles and an accident under its belt.

They kept reiterating that it was falling under “warranty work”—but that seems shady to me, hiding an accident?

It seems unreasonable to sell it at sticker price to me? Or am I being the unreasonable one?
Sponsored

WarHorse1B

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I wouldn’t pay msrp on it. It is shady to not disclose it. I’ve heard of cars being damaged in transport and dealers fixing it. Squeeze them see if they will budge on price. 3k to 5k off price or get them to do the max extend warranty!

OP
OP

Kignelzi

First Name
Kathrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
I wouldn’t pay msrp on it. It is shady to not disclose it. I’ve heard of cars being damaged in transport and dealers fixing it. Squeeze them see if they will budge on price. 3k to 5k off price or get them to do the max extend warranty!
i had to walk away. Sales manager was being ridiculous. Told me there were plenty of people willing to pay it. ?‍♀

WarHorse1B

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Sometimes you have to do that let them pay full price lol.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
I’d go one step further and say I think it’s illegal for them to do the repair and not put it on the vehicles history. It’s one thing if they weren’t aware of the damage but they are.

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
i had to walk away. Sales manager was being ridiculous. Told me there were plenty of people willing to pay it. ?‍♀
I would've passed on it w/o any hesitation.

OP
OP

Kignelzi

First Name
Kathrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
I walked away and reached out to a dealership a few towns over. Was not comfortable purchasing from the dealership in light of the weirdness and how the sales manager talked to us. Thanks, everyone :)

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
They will have it sold to someone else in no time....but yes sounds like a shady dealer....
Sponsored