BRONCO SPORT 2021-2023 PAINT PROTECTION PACKAGE - feedback / review?

Bloomsey

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Hello everyone, so I've had my OBX for about 2 months now and am finally deciding to get some sort of PPF or ceramic coat, not sure what I want yet. But has anyone purchased this from Ford's website? It doesn't provide too many details, just says this:

"This paint protection film kit is extremely durable, virtually invisible and helps protect the paint from day-to-day wear and tear.

• Nearly invisible high-grade polyurethane barrier adheres directly to the vehicle
  • Three-piece kit covers the leading edge of the hood and front fenders."
Also, do people recommend getting both PPF and a ceramic coat? Or just the PPF?

Thanks, and I look forward to reading responses.

Ford Bronco Sport BRONCO SPORT 2021-2023 PAINT PROTECTION PACKAGE - feedback / review? 1.PNG
Sponsored

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
If I had to travel on the highway very frequently I would do Both, Ceramic Coat plus the ppp , but that’s me. I’m retired so Ceramic coat for me is fine.

Txsurfer13

Heritage
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Ltd
Mine came with the PPF, and I didn't even notice it for several days. So, it's pretty damn near invisible against the blue.

Barely 1000 miles, so I can't speak to how well it works.

Txsurfer13

Heritage
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If I had to travel on the highway very frequently I would do Both, Ceramic Coat plus the ppp , but that’s me. I’m retired so Ceramic coat for me is fine.
Everyone seems amped about ceramic coating. Is there any downside? Can you still use a car wash?

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.

Txsurfer13

Heritage
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That is a Great Question, that I don’t know the answer to. Can anybody chime in. I did still use the local car wash when needed. I’m not aware of any downside.
I found this article about it.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/buying-maintenance/a33918031/what-ceramic-coatings-can-and-cant-do-for-your-car/
That's exactly the article I was looking for - realistic expectations without the sales hype. Thank you.

I think I found my answer here:

"The bond between a ceramic coating and your paint is strong enough to stand up to towels and light abrasions—far better than conventional wax—but if you run your coated car through a dirty-brush automatic car wash, you're rinsing $3000 down the drain."

But I'll do some more reading.

Uncle Buck

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Cutting/Pasting below from a conversation in another thread with @blueverish to save me some typing. I did a lot of research and one thing I would say is that the skill of the person applying the PPF is critical. I am pretty handy and have a background in graphics so am pretty picky, so I would not begin to attempt this myself. I hope this is helpful:

I would just say the all paint protection films are not created equal. I did a lot of research before choosing Xpel. I would suggest you see if you can find an authorized Xpel vendor in your area. They have a variety of films, different thickness and surface finish (high gloss, satin, etc.) They even have a product that is similar to bedliner in appearance that is SUPER tough. My research seemed to indicate this was even superior to 3M, which a lot of folks seem to think is the best just because it's a big, well-known company. I had ours done basically from the A-pillar forward -- hood, fenders, grill and (especially) headlights. Then I added the door edges just in case. Gloss on all but the grill which he did in satin to preserve the factory paint appearance. He even covered the BRONCO letters (on the grill). I am very happy with the results.
Sponsored