First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
If I wanna burn rubber take a thrill ride I have musclecars that do that well....
Sponsored

jamie1073

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Usually tuners can send you a tune, you install tune, drive around and data log, send log to tuner, they adjust and send you new tune, you install, data log again and repeat until the tune shows a clean data log. Not sure what all this send them the ECU stuff is all about.
I know that and that is exactly what I thought the Vivid Racing tune was. But they apparently want the ECU sent to them, I even confirmed that with them and it is right on their site for the tune. I just figured the site was wrong and ignored it when I was ordering it since I am used to having a device and loading a file and logging if I want more out of it.

jamie1073

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I know a lot of people are comparing their ST's and VW's, but those cars are meant for speed and a tune makes absolute sense. I just cant get past the logic of tuning an SUV when these will be used mostly for everyday use. That's just my opinion.
I had a tune on my Edge ST and it was great, just because it was named ST does not mean it was some kind of corner carver. It was nice to get the power when I wanted it and not when Ford thought it was needed to keep the vehicle smooth. Not to mention the Edge ST with the new 8 speed trans sucked the way Ford programmed it, so much so I had 3 software updates done in the first year and my tune tweaked to get rid of the crappy shifting and lack of shifting that trans did. I want the same for the Bronco Sport, I am not going to drag race the thing but I do like to piss off people in their WRX and STi's with an SUV that is quicker off the line and passing. ?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I want the same for the Bronco Sport, I am not going to drag race the thing
Let us know how it turns out. Will interesting to see the results.

jamie1073

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let us know how it turns out. Will interesting to see the results.
Will do. Did a few Dragy runs 0-60 and came up with 5.9 seconds, with a 1ft rollout time of 5.7 seconds. I will test again with the tune once I get it. I got my Edge ST from 5.69 seconds down to a best of 5.01 and average around 5.1. I did do 1/4 mile ones but I am not concerned with those in the Bronco as I care more about a little more mid range power and more passing power.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Did a few Dragy runs 0-60 and came up with 5.9 seconds
5.9 to 60 for stock Badlands? That pretty strong. Did you have to let engine cool down to get that time?

jamie1073

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.9 to 60 for stock Badlands? That pretty strong. Did you have to let engine cool down to get that time?
No that was fully warmed up and driven about 15-20 minutes in traffic before I hit the road I normally test on, it is flat and straight and the boonies. The thing I have always seen in the EcoBoost engines is they really do need an upgraded Intercooler. I did put one in my Focus ST and it pulled much better when running up to the triple digit speeds than it did beforehand. The intake air temp raises about 50-70 degrees by the time you hit about 70mph from 0 on them. At least it did on my Edge ST and the Focus ST. Once I had the IC the temps raised about 10 degrees if that. Cooler air means less lost power and thus quicker times. I expect to see in the low 5 second range once tuned. Maybe 5.2s.

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
Reviving this thread in hopes someone has gotten this or another tune done by now. Would really love some feed back on how it’s working. Would also love to know if anyone did this in combination with the aftermarket blow off valve that vents to atmosphere.

bk1287

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jetta
Reviving this thread in hopes someone has gotten this or another tune done by now. Would really love some feed back on how it’s working. Would also love to know if anyone did this in combination with the aftermarket blow off valve that vents to atmosphere.
Bumping again as well. Also curious.
No that was fully warmed up and driven about 15-20 minutes in traffic before I hit the road I normally test on, it is flat and straight and the boonies. The thing I have always seen in the EcoBoost engines is they really do need an upgraded Intercooler. I did put one in my Focus ST and it pulled much better when running up to the triple digit speeds than it did beforehand. The intake air temp raises about 50-70 degrees by the time you hit about 70mph from 0 on them. At least it did on my Edge ST and the Focus ST. Once I had the IC the temps raised about 10 degrees if that. Cooler air means less lost power and thus quicker times. I expect to see in the low 5 second range once tuned. Maybe 5.2s.
did you end up tuning it?

stylusjs

Big Bend
First Name
stylusjs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Swift
At that point, the Ford network has the ability to check anything it wants to and I assume there is a standard battery of checks including TSBs, recalls, etc. Once the tech enters the diagnosis into the system.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Or you could wait till the 36th month of ownership then tune to your hearts content. If I was wanting a tune at’s what I’d do.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The 2.0 has plenty of torque steer as it is, it can get quite squirrely on uneven tarmac if you get on it and are not paying close attention. I can only imagine what a tune would do to it.

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The 2.0 has plenty of torque steer as it is, it can get quite squirrely on uneven tarmac if you get on it and are not paying close attention. I can only imagine what a tune would do to it.
I only want to do it because my bassist got a V6 Challenger and we put her to the test. Tied. I wanna blow the doors off him. Lol
Sponsored