Fordperson

Big Bend
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121 Ford Bronco
I have a new 2021 Bronco Big Bend and when it's hot outside it won't start. I have taken it back to the dealership and they kept it for several days. I was told they could not recreate the problem. Sure enough, the first day I had it back and it was hot it would not start. It clicks when pushing the start button and the interior lights will come on but that's it. Has anyone else had this issue??
Sponsored

OP
OP

Fordperson

Big Bend
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121 Ford Bronco
I’ve started mine up in 115F in Tucson AZ with no problem, sorry.
It's very frustrating to get a new vehicle and it won't run and they can't find the issue. It goes back to the shop this week.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
I have a new 2021 Bronco Big Bend and when it's hot outside it won't start. I have taken it back to the dealership and they kept it for several days. I was told they could not recreate the problem. Sure enough, the first day I had it back and it was hot it would not start. It clicks when pushing the start button and the interior lights will come on but that's it. Has anyone else had this issue??
Disconnect the battery for at least 15 minutes and reconnect, that may reset any stupid module.
If that doesn't work and it won't start I would call the dealer and have it towed on Ford's nickel, that may help get their attention.....

OP
OP

Fordperson

Big Bend
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2121 Ford Bronco
Disconnect the battery for at least 15 minutes and reconnect, that may reset any stupid module.
If that doesn't work and it won't start I would call the dealer and have it towed on Ford's nickel, that may help get their attention.....
Okay, thank you!

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Not sure this is the same exact issue but read this here. https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/intelligent-access-key-and-heat.3204/

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
If the 'battery reset' doesn't work, it might help the techs if you know the approximate outside temperature if this happens again.

Bill3214

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
I'm having a similar problem. My 2021 Sport would not turn over, no solenoid clicking, nothing. Just dead, after sitting in my driveway (NC) for one day. No indication of a keyfob issue. Would not start after attempting to jump it from my wife's car. Tow truck driver tried to jump it - still nothing. Dealer reported the battery was dead, they charged it. They suspect I left a light on, or door open that drained the battery. I get that, but, doesn't explain why it couldn't be jumped. Dealer ran a parasitic test to see if something else was draining the battery - nothing. So now I have the car back, but fully expect this will happen again. Has anyone else encountered this?

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Might help if the people saying "it won't start and the day was hot" actually say how hot it actually was the day they experienced the issue. And also if they provide the build dates which might help narrow it down if there was a production issue.

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
I have not experienced this, but I did have something odd that happened to mine too.. I leave mine in the garage, but one night I got a notification on my Ford Pass app stating that it was disabled to preserve my battery life. Weird thing is, I drove it that day and all I did at night was open my car door to take something out and I shut it right away. The lights were off and I get a notification that my app was disabled for the battery. Never happened again since.. Did you ever get any notifications on your app, if you have it?

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have not experienced this, but I did have something odd that happened to mine too.. I leave mine in the garage, but one night I got a notification on my Ford Pass app stating that it was disabled to preserve my battery life. Weird thing is, I drove it that day and all I did at night was open my car door to take something out and I shut it right away. The lights were off and I get a notification that my app was disabled for the battery. Never happened again since.. Did you ever get any notifications on your app, if you have it?
I got that notification once, but I hadn't driven the car in two weeks because it was on jacks.

Last edited:

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
I got that notification once, but I hadn't driven the car in two weeks because it was on jacks.
That definitely makes more sense in your case. I started my car the next morning with no issue. Haven’t seen that alert since.
Sponsored