dakman

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Ford does offer a factory tune for the 2.0 but not for the BS that I've heard of yet.

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT
What I like about the Ford Performance tunes is it is conservative. They keep all the safety parameters in place. More importantly it corrects some of the transmission torque management. I have no issues of the power the 2.0 develops, its the way the transmission shifts under load.

I have hopes for a Ford Performance tune, the Bronco Sport is very popular.

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
Just looking at the Ranger package. Nice!

2019-2022 RANGER ECOBOOST POWER PACK PERFORMANCE CALIBRATION| Part Details for M-9603-REB | Ford Performance Parts

Something similar for my Escape and/or my wife's BS when it arrives would be interesting to consider.

I'm back to Ford after decade of buying VW/Audi products with premium fuel recommended. Not sure I want to go back to that.

I really like the mileage I just saw on a 1,400-mile trip with my FE. Wouldn't want that to take a serious hit. I do the trip at least five times a year.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Ford Performance sells a kit for the Focus ST 2.0L EcoBoost. It mentions an increase in torque, but nothing about more horsepower.

These kits from Ford Performance are attractive because they offer a 3yr/36k warranty, but keep in mind that warranty only applies from the original date of purchase, not from the installation date. In other words, if you install a FP kit on a car with 20k on the odometer you'll only be covered for 16k miles--when you get to 36k on the odo.

Further, there is a question as to whether the remainder of your powertrain warranty--5yrs/60k for the basic warranty, or whatever you paid for if you purchased extended coverage--will remain in effect after the initial 3yr/36k expires. Ford's warranty guide expressly states that your factory warranty doesn't cover damage caused by installation of aftermarket parts, and Ford Performance expressly states the Ford considers FP products to be aftermarket parts.
Sponsored