KG409

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Had a bird strike in my Bronco Sport and it broke the windshield. The car is not really drivable, it looks like a sledgehammer hit the windshield. Ford has no idea of when the windshields are coming in, they just said 2-3 months. My dealer is not much help. Does anyone have any ideas to escalate this?

Thanks!
Kevin
Sponsored

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
Had a bird strike in my Bronco Sport and it broke the windshield. The car is not really drivable, it looks like a sledgehammer hit the windshield. Ford has no idea of when the windshields are coming in, they just said 2-3 months. My dealer is not much help. Does anyone have any ideas to escalate this?

Thanks!
Kevin
Try Safe-Lite as national windshield replacement company or other auto glass shop. With new model car they may not have stock either, but with a try as they usually have windows in stock for most cars. Comprehensive insurance from most insurance companies covers part or all of cost and they might be able to give you replacement information - some schedule a replacement directly.

OP
OP

KG409

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Sorry I didn't mention that I did try Safe lite and they are trying to buy from my dealer. It will be covered by insurance, I just don't want it to sit for three months waiting for a part. Its a dealer only part at this time. UGHHHH
Kevin

GT1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
Sorry I didn't mention that I did try Safe lite and they are trying to buy from my dealer. It will be covered by insurance, I just don't want it to sit for three months waiting for a part. Its a dealer only part at this time. UGHHHH
Kevin
Got it. Long shot, but Ford is cutting some production lines because of chip shortages so you might be lucky that Sport line slows down and you can pick windshield. May require dealer to call their Ford rep and see if they can expedite. Also if you have rental car coverage maybe you can get insurance to cover a rental for 30 days at least. Good Luck.

kmb421

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta
My dealer scratched a of couple windows before I took delivery so they had to order replacements. It only took about a week for the OEM parts to come in and they are replacing them next week. Hopefully your windshield has a similar lead time!

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Dang, I've hit a lot of birds in my day, including a rather large owl in which I felt the impact through the steering wheel. I've never had a windshield crack from hitting a bird, they're pretty lightly built for flight.

Edit: OP is from Texas. I must say I have never hit a Texas-sized bird.

Last edited:

Timsvtgen1

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hit a Turkey one time in an F-250 and it broke through the windshield, Bashed the part of the cab in pretty good where it meets the windshield and landed in my passenger seat all battered and bloody.

- New windshield
- Body work, paint and blend
-Seat cover and detail

?

Freeskierdude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 CRV
Hit a Turkey one time in an F-250 and it broke through the windshield, Bashed the part of the cab in pretty good where it meets the windshield and landed in my passenger seat all battered and bloody.

- New windshield
-Seat cover and detail

?
Those suckers are chonky

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Had an uncle hit a turkey buzzard. He pulled over and pulled it off the front seat, bird was In chunks. My aunt made him throw his bloody clothes away. They rot food in their craw and regurgitate it and re eat it.
1970 Chevy Impala. Never could get the smell out. After a complete new Interior he sold the car to an old man that said he had no sense of smell.

OP
OP

KG409

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
What was weird is that I was close to downtown Houston on the freeway when I hit the bird. It came from the right side and I barely saw it, but knew something was coming. When it first hit I thought some road debris or part of a tire hit it. When I stopped there was evidence of a life form on the windshield. I have seen plenty of turkey buzzards(hit one too), but this bird seemed smaller.

Ford Bronco Sport Broken front windshield 2-3 months out to replace IMG_0612

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150

- New windshield
-Seat cover and detail

?
Did you have turkey for dinner?