tallmansd

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Came out of the grocery this morning, when I went to start her up, I tried to push down on the brake pedal as I hit the start button and the pedal did not want to go down. It went down maybe a quarter inch, it was enough to let me start, then it snapped. It was weird.

Ran fine afterwards. Anyone else experience this?
Sponsored

Vespesian

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yes, this has happened to me twice over the last several months. (Funny - both times occurred during grocery shopping as well)

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
Interesting... Haven't had this issue yet and use as my daily.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
I wonder if the emergency brake was on.
That’s what it sounds like to me. We’re you on a slope? It seems the emergency brake engages automatically under certain conditions.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I tried to push down on the brake pedal as I hit the start button and the pedal did not want to go down. It went down maybe a quarter inch, it was enough to let me start, then it snapped.
Does your car have 360+ (adaptive cruise)?

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
Mine does this on occasion. Probably something to do with the adaptive cruise. Sometimes when I release the brake after starting the engine it will get confused and try to pump the brake.

scaryhours

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BB
CHECK YOUR CARPET. People have died over carpet sliding around the pedals. Especially if you have third party mats. It is so easy to snap in those Weathertech’s on top of a pedal
I just had my bronco detailed. The more I think about it, one of rubber floor mats could have been pushed up. Nice tip.

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2020 Mazda CX-9
Driver mats have a “button” (or pair of buttons) on the floor to keep the carpet from sliding onto to the top of the pedals. Cheap. Genius. Saves lives.

A friend mine who is an idiot and drives a black bronco sport bought the awesome Weathertech driver side laser-molded floor mat. He reportedly cleaned the mat and then put it back in being careful to lock the mat down onto the buttons.

Next day he comes up to his car (he was parked in my garage spot). He had remote started from the kitchen while making coffee. The engine was revving at 3500 RPM! His daughter wouldn’t get in. An engineer, He drove to work trying to get it to do it again. It happened a few times and was so scary he drove right to his Ford dealer and said he felt his car was unsafe and they needed to look at it right away.

In the waiting area he was having a Starbucks and complaining about that there were no lids or real cream when the service manager took him to his Bronco Sport and pointed out his Weathertech drivers side laser molded floor mat was installed OVER the accelerator pedal. He apologized to everyone at the Ford dealership profusely and even went over to the Honda dealership next door and apologized to everyone (they were confused or so I heard). They have coffee lids which he snuck in his pocket.

scaryhours

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BB
Driver mats have a “button” (or pair of buttons) on the floor to keep the carpet from sliding onto to the top of the pedals. Cheap. Genius. Saves lives.

A friend mine who is an idiot and drives a black bronco sport bought the awesome Weathertech driver side laser-molded floor mat. He reportedly cleaned the mat and then put it back in being careful to lock the mat down onto the buttons.

Next day he comes up to his car (he was parked in my garage spot). He had remote started from the kitchen while making coffee. The engine was revving at 3500 RPM! His daughter wouldn’t get in. An engineer, He drove to work trying to get it to do it again. It happened a few times and was so scary he drove right to his Ford dealer and said he felt his car was unsafe and they needed to look at it right away.

In the waiting area he was having a Starbucks and complaining about that there were no lids or real cream when the service manager took him to his Bronco Sport and pointed out his Weathertech drivers side laser molded floor mat was installed OVER the accelerator pedal. He apologized to everyone at the Ford dealership profusely and even went over to the Honda dealership next door and apologized to everyone (they were confused or so I heard). They have coffee lids which he snuck in his pocket.
I just remembered my oem mats are buttoned to the floor - so it wasn't the mat. Who knows? The brake pedal is unstuck tho, haha

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Yes it does
Curious. I wonder if others who've experienced the same symptoms also have 360+. Vehicles with adaptive cruise control use a different brake booster--they're fully electric rather than vacuum powered like others. As I understand it, the electric boosters respond faster, making them a better choice for computer control.
Sponsored