Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I've been waiting for them to remove it, honestly. Seems like low hanging fruit like the folding headrests, pen holder, engine cover, etc. Perhaps the only thing keeping it off the chopping block is the fact it was so heavily marketed as a reason to buy the Sport. 😂

Ford Bronco Sport Bottle Opener rant - The upside down Ford Bottle Opener 1000001307
Sponsored

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
To me, it's a gimmick that I'll never use.

OP
OP
RushMan

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
resourcefulness
now realizing what the pen holder is for

To gag with after consuming all that?
Oh, I would hope so!

OP
OP
RushMan

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mentioned this in the facebook BS group I'm and was promptly razzed just as you are here. :crackup:
I'm enjoying the attention, and laughing at those who don't understand why it matters for Ford to do things right.
The bigger mistake that Ford has made is providing a transmission that is rated for less torque than the optional 2 liter engine.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
...and laughing at those who don't understand why it matters for Ford to do things right....
"Right" is a relative term in this context (the bottle opener). What's right for one person is clearly a disaster for the next.

You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.

― John Lydgate

OP
OP
RushMan

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Right" is a relative term in this context (the bottle opener). What's right for one person is clearly a disaster for the next.
That's true. A left handed person might struggle. Ford needs to add a left-handed bottle opener to the other side of the hatch.

OP
OP
RushMan

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

OP
OP
RushMan

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been waiting for them to remove it, honestly. Seems like low hanging fruit like the folding headrests, pen holder, engine cover, etc. Perhaps the only thing keeping it off the chopping block is the fact it was so heavily marketed as a reason to buy the Sport. 😂

Ford Bronco Sport Bottle Opener rant - The upside down Ford Bottle Opener 1000001307
I suspect that the marketing department wouldn't let it be removed in the next cost saving deletion, if it were considered.
My Dad always carried his Army issued P38 can opener. Before he passed away, he gave me and my brothers each one. It opens cans AND bottles!
Ford Bronco Sport Bottle Opener rant - The upside down Ford Bottle Opener U.S._P-38_Can_Opener

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
That's true. A left handed person might struggle. Ford needs to add a left-handed bottle opener to the other side of the hatch.
And put it right side up...then lets see what folks have to say.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
It's nice to see so much passion put on the built in bottle opener. No one ever even mentions it on the Milwaukee Tools forum. But they do complain that the toilet paper holder is too high and too wide!

Ford Bronco Sport Bottle Opener rant - The upside down Ford Bottle Opener IMG_2897

Last edited:

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
It's nice to see so much passion put on the built in bottle opener. No one ever even mentions it on the Milwaukee Tools forum. But the do complain that the toilet paper holder is too high and too wide!

Ford Bronco Sport Bottle Opener rant - The upside down Ford Bottle Opener IMG_2897
But check out that bottle opener you have!!