Body and Paint issue

mustangmech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords!
I noticed the same spots on mine as well. Guess I shouldn’t have gotten Shadow Black. I can’t not see them!
Sponsored

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
that's the way the panels are stamped from factory. there are a few other spots like this on the vehicle. i don't think you got screwed, it's just the nature of the beast. every vehicle brand will have an imperfection here or there on them right from factory.
you can always trade it in and go mercedes, bmw, lexus, etc as there are few flaws but you're gonna pay for it.

Gartallica

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
We just picked up our new Bronco Sport and found a small issue on the doors. It looks almost like hail damage but its not, it came from the factory that way. We checked the other units on the dealers lot and they all have the same issue. Anyone else notice a problem like this? The dealer offered to fill the imperfections and paint them but I don't want to do that with a vehicle that is 2 days old, I want Ford to offer a solution. Any suggestions?

Ford Bronco Sport Body and Paint issue IMG_1638
I know this thread is a bit old now, but it was very pronounced on my first BS/OB. There's definitely some rippling on my second BS/OB but nowhere near the poor quality of the first one. I'm anxious to see how this looks on the '22 when it finally arrives. My first (and only) thought was that it had to do with the pressing, so I figured it must be a "feature", not a bug.

OP
OP

biglines

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
have the worst part was the dealer and their attitude that there was no issue, if they had at least said there is an issue and then backed me up to Ford it might have seemed that they cared about the customer even if Ford doesn't. I'm not blind, I can see the ripples every time I look at the vehicle. Their best advise was to take the vehicle to the States and sell it. Since I'm from Canada and we pay less with the exchange rate than U.S. customers do i would come out ahead with a few thousand profit. Leaves me with no vehicle though so back to square 1 trying to find a new car.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
My first (and only) thought was that it had to do with the pressing, so I figured it must be a "feature", not a bug.
To me, it looks like something that could happen during assembly. Parts have to be mated and secured together, and if the person doing the work isn't careful they can cause damage. The skin on newer cars is VERY thin to save weight, so it's pretty easy to put a dent in it. I could easily see someone pushing on the door skin to get it into position and causing dents like that.

This is why I recommend people drop the hood from a foot or so to latch it instead of pushing down on it. You can easily dent the metal by pushing down on it. It seems crazy you can dent your hood so easily, but the tradeoff is a lighter vehicle that gets better fuel mileage.

OP
OP

biglines

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
they weren't any help at all, they are just the people that monitor social media for Ford
Sponsored