BlueCruise coming to Bronco Sport in 2022?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
BlueCruise
  • BlueCruise allows hands-free highway driving on more than 100,000 miles of prequalified sections of divided highways in North America called Hands-Free Blue Zones
  • Over-the-Air software updates will enable BlueCruise capability on F-150 and Mustang Mach-E vehicles later this year
  • Over 500,000 miles of development testing completed; BlueCruise will give drivers the comfort and confidence of hands-free highway driving
  • Software updates will enable BlueCruise capability on F-150 and Mustang Mach-E vehicles equipped with available Ford Co-Pilot360TM Technology
  • Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle. BlueCruise is a hands-free highway driving feature. Only remove hands from the steering wheel when in a Hands-Free Blue Zone. Always watch the road and be prepared to resume control of the vehicle. It does not replace safe driving. See Owner’s Manual for detail and limitations. The BlueCruise Prep Kit contains the hardware required for this feature. Software for the feature will be available for purchase at a later date. BlueCruise functionality expected third quarter of 2021. Separate payment for feature software required to activate full functionality at that time.

Will it come to the Bronco Sport in 2022?
What do you think about the last sentence of the last bullet point?
Sponsored

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
I don't get it. How is this different than using the lane keep with acc? Pay extra to not get the "keeps hands on steering wheel" alert?

SportWest

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport Badlands
I don't get it. How is this different than using the lane keep with acc? Pay extra to not get the "keeps hands on steering wheel" alert?
It's different because it lets Ford get some lucrative recurring subscription revenue.

jazzdab

Big Bend
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
By no means am I a luddite -- I love blind spot monitoring, rear cross traffic alert, lane keep assist, auto lights and wipers, etc. BUT I do not trust these self drive features. We previously had a Subaru Forester and it would lock the brakes every time we backed into the garage even with plenty of clearance. It was also overly aggressive with lane keep assist and I had to fight it on more than one occasion while merging or swinging wide to give a tractor trailer a wide berth. Subaru Eyesight is supposed to be the best but I found it lacking. Also, I was once driving a Mazda 6 on the freeway at 70mph in the left lane when the crash avoidance system suddenly jammed on the brakes for a very hard bridge shadow on a bright day. Luckily there was no one behind me to rear end me. So until every car on the road talks to every other car on the road, I say "No thanks." I will drive.
Sponsored