Blackout badges for my patriotic TEXAS BRONCO SPORT.

WunWun

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Those look awesome!

I just got my Badlands less than a week ago in the white. I want to black out the rear letters in the near future.

Any suggestions on how you put yours on so straight?

OP
OP
RodNSA

RodNSA

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Those look awesome!

I just got my Badlands less than a week ago in the white. I want to black out the rear letters in the near future.

*Funny, get asked that a lot ... but UNFORTUNATELY I couldn't afford the Badlands but I really wanted the 2.0 engine but instead I settled for the color I wanted and a great price and home delivery. So ... it's a BASE MODEL BS ... and FORTUNATELY for me ALL lettering on the base models already comes in black 😉. Here's a pic of my base model after my upgrades.
Ford Bronco Sport Blackout badges for my patriotic TEXAS BRONCO SPORT. Screenshot_20230318-204031_Gallery

WunWun

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
*Funny, get asked that a lot ... but UNFORTUNATELY I couldn't afford the Badlands but I really wanted the 2.0 engine but instead I settled for the color I wanted and a great price and home delivery. So ... it's a BASE MODEL BS ... and FORTUNATELY for me ALL lettering on the base models already comes in black 😉. Here's a pic of my base model after my upgrades.
Screenshot_20230318-204031_Gallery.jpg
I totally get it. I only went with the Badlands because they gave me such a good deal on my trade that it was just worth it. Do you have a build list for the upgrades you've put on?

I saw a few people went with plastidip for blackout, so that may be an option.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
You can purchase vinyl overlay letters from any number of places online. The secret to getting them on straight is use a lot of application fluid. What's that, you ask? Well, you can pay a lot of money for it over at Amazon, or you can just make you own. If you have a smaller size spray bottle just fill it up with water and add a bit of soap.

Thoroughly clean the surface, spray liberally with application fluid, then apply the letter overlay adhesive side down. If you've applied enough fluid you'll be able to slide the letter around until it's perfectly lined up. After that, use a squeegee to get all the bubbles out, then let it dry thoroughly--I would give it 48 hours--before washing your car.

I applied mine that way and they've stayed on without lifting for over a year.

Hot Rod Mike

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator , Wrangler , Bronco
Screenshot_20230318-204031_Gallery.jpg
You will find the1.5 will have more than adequate power on the freeway or off road.

rootdoc

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
My patriotic badge on the right side of the tail gate is a military banner with two stars to honor two of kids who are in the Navy. I think this is an appropriate way to balance out the blue oval that is on the left side of the tailgate.

WunWun

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
You can purchase vinyl overlay letters from any number of places online. The secret to getting them on straight is use a lot of application fluid. What's that, you ask? Well, you can pay a lot of money for it over at Amazon, or you can just make you own. If you have a smaller size spray bottle just fill it up with water and add a bit of soap.

Thoroughly clean the surface, spray liberally with application fluid, then apply the letter overlay adhesive side down. If you've applied enough fluid you'll be able to slide the letter around until it's perfectly lined up. After that, use a squeegee to get all the bubbles out, then let it dry thoroughly--I would give it 48 hours--before washing your car.

I applied mine that way and they've stayed on without lifting for over a year.
Thanks for sending this. I keep forgetting that most of the stuff nowadays is vinyl and work well with the soapy water. I’ll keep that mind when I try to put them later this spring.

OP
OP
RodNSA

RodNSA

Base
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Is the flag oval an overlay or replacement emblem? Looks sharp.
The USA Flag is heavy aluminum that's overplayed with the vinyl blackout flag ... it's made slightly larger than the Ford badge and has 3M tape on the back ... so the original Ford stays there and the solid blackout flag goes directly on top. Easy and looks good!

fog53

Big Bend
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The USA Flag is heavy aluminum that's overplayed with the vinyl blackout flag ... it's made slightly larger than the Ford badge and has 3M tape on the back ... so the original Ford stays there and the solid blackout flag goes directly on top. Easy and looks good!
Where did you buy the flag?