kramerdad1

Base
First Name
dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Sport Trac 4x4 2021 Bronco Sport
Ive read a few posts about Black Horse. The sad part is the product is pretty good, the problems are with the company itself, they stink, they have never returned any of my phone calls or emails, worse thier employees havent a clue about the products, example, I purchased a bull bar for my 2007 sport trac 4x4, the box arrived opened and the instructions had been lost, I thought, no problem Ill go on the BH web site type in the part number and download instructions, wrong, the web site wouldnt even take the part number so I call "tech support" , when I asked about getting a set of instructions he was completely baffled, and at first he didnt even acknowledge that BH actually built a bull bar for my sport trac then put me on lenghty hold to " go ask someone" then came back and said there were no instructions for that but he would send me instructions for a Honda Ridgeline because they were "similar" What? So, I tried "customer service" again nothing but confusion, when I got the lady to finally understand I wanted the instructions she put me on hold after abbout 5 minutes she came back and said " I cant find any instructions. sorry, good luck". In desperation I looked at the shipping invoice for information, I found a Carid part number, I typed that in and bada bing, instructions, so I printed them out only to find out they are worse then the instructions you get in all that chinese stuff, the pictures were so dark you cant see anything and then written instructions were not correct. So I ended up figuring it out myself, I have to say that once I got it all figured it installed in under an hour and looks really good. Id like to buy the BH bull bar for my 2021 Sport so I tried calling them to get the instructions first ( yea you'd think I would have learned by now) and guess wht for2 days straight the phone number goes into FAX mode. Like I said, great product, really poor company to deal with.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
As a former technical writer, I can say definitively I've seen some really bad instructions included with aftermarket parts. Most of the time they are imported from countries where English is not the native language. You would think the importer would review the instructions and hire someone to rewrite them into something useable, but apparently the idea of hiring a writer for a few hours at less than the cost of your average shop labor is just too much to bear for some companies.

Typically I won't buy aftermarket products unless I can review the installation instructions beforehand.

OP
OP

kramerdad1

Base
First Name
dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Sport Trac 4x4 2021 Bronco Sport
this is what happens when companies decide to allow a country to make the parts so they can save a few bucks, I dont mind paying more for "Made in USA" parts, in fact I look for and but American no matter how much more the part is. but until these companies wake up we are at the mercy of these countrys, if China slapped an imbargo ( which they threatened to do over Ukraine, this country would be in the stone ages with-a week.

mrtull

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
They have an installation "video" showing the process for their grill guard.... Really more of a PowerPoint than a video because every image is static. It will be helpful but definitely could be better. As for communication, i sent a message and got a response the next day. Then I called with another question and the guy answered on the second ring. So hopefully they are improving.... I hope because i really like the grill guard.

ErikaFrzn

Big Bend
First Name
Erika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Bronco Sport, '15 Explorer, ‘22 Trail Boss
They have an installation "video" showing the process for their grill guard.... Really more of a PowerPoint than a video because every image is static. It will be helpful but definitely could be better. As for communication, i sent a message and got a response the next day. Then I called with another question and the guy answered on the second ring. So hopefully they are improving.... I hope because i really like the grill guard.
Not too long ago, a couple of members had purchased and installed these black horse bull bars, I didn’t like them as much seeing actual installed pics but now that I am trying to see the pics again, I can’t seem to find them. Anyone recall seeing these pics or did I imagine ithem?
Sponsored