Big Bend stock height with BFGoodrich 245/65/17. The beginnings of making this into what I want.

T-Roy M.

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Bronco Sport
I finally bit the bullet and ordered some new tires. I was planning on keeping the stock size (225/65/17) but the tires I wanted in that size were a load range E and I decided to up it to 245's as that size was a load range D. So far I am real happy with the ride and around town my mileage hasn't been impacted in a noticeable way. I ordered 5 and will update this thread when I tackle how to stuff the matching spare into the factory location.

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend stock height with BFGoodrich 245/65/17. The beginnings of making this into what I want. 2D9AA1A3-C498-4848-B8B2-81CDAC6EED03

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend stock height with BFGoodrich 245/65/17. The beginnings of making this into what I want. 4CB0B340-14A5-460C-A557-15D7D8930C2B
Would this be the exact tire you went with?? Think I’m about to pull the trigger my friend 👍🏻👍🏻 Looks great and excellent forum you’ve got here!

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend stock height with BFGoodrich 245/65/17. The beginnings of making this into what I want. 5D8085F6-1BFA-46D8-BE4E-EBEF23C67C4D
Sponsored

OP
OP
FirsandFire

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Would this be the exact tire you went with?? Think I’m about to pull the trigger my friend 👍🏻👍🏻 Looks great and excellent forum you’ve got here!

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend stock height with BFGoodrich 245/65/17. The beginnings of making this into what I want. 5D8085F6-1BFA-46D8-BE4E-EBEF23C67C4D
Those are the ones! Thanks for the kind words, I’ve been real happy with them so far.

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I finally bit the bullet and ordered some new tires. I was planning on keeping the stock size (225/65/17) but the tires I wanted in that size were a load range E and I decided to up it to 245's as that size was a load range D. So far I am real happy with the ride and around town my mileage hasn't been impacted in a noticeable way. I ordered 5 and will update this thread when I tackle how to stuff the matching spare into the factory location.

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend stock height with BFGoodrich 245/65/17. The beginnings of making this into what I want. 2D9AA1A3-C498-4848-B8B2-81CDAC6EED03

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend stock height with BFGoodrich 245/65/17. The beginnings of making this into what I want. 4CB0B340-14A5-460C-A557-15D7D8930C2B
Looks great, even though a I'm not a fan of white lettering. What about noise, is intrussive in the cabin?

OP
OP
FirsandFire

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Looks great, even though a I'm not a fan of white lettering. What about noise, is intrussive in the cabin?
Thanks! The white lettering isn’t for everyone and if my paint wasn’t white; I’d likely have put the letters to the inside.
As for noise, they aren’t very noisy at all, a tiny bit over stock which is to be expected but these little Sports are fairly loud in the cabin with wind noise to begin with, so the tires are null by comparison.

Bamsi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks! The white lettering isn’t for everyone and if my paint wasn’t white; I’d likely have put the letters to the inside.
As for noise, they aren’t very noisy at all, a tiny bit over stock which is to be expected but these little Sports are fairly loud in the cabin with wind noise to begin with, so the tires are null by comparison.
Thanks, mine is cactus grey, white lettering may look good. Thanks for sharing!

greengrass47

Big Bend
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend
Are those cross bars from Harbor Freight? I looked at a few different brands but couldn't accept the price so these were a cheap alternative and I use them frequently.

Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend stock height with BFGoodrich 245/65/17. The beginnings of making this into what I want. Summer 22' Corpus Christi

OP
OP
FirsandFire

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Are those cross bars from Harbor Freight? I looked at a few different brands but couldn't accept the price so these were a cheap alternative and I use them frequently.
No, these are Thule cross bars I bought off of craigslist a couple years back for around $100

GoHack

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Sport, '20 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4
With the bigger diameter tire, you're going to lose power (torque) aren't you?

OP
OP
FirsandFire

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
With the bigger diameter tire, you're going to lose power (torque) aren't you?
Not enough to notice. These 1.5’s aren’t going to win any races but they’re plenty powerful for handling larger heavier tires. The fuel mileage went down but it’s still a lot better than the Tacoma I used to drive so I’m not stressing over it.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
I bought a Harbor Freight ATV rack for the back of my Sport. It is about 4" or 5" above the hitch. Keeps it from dragging if I go through a ditch. It is only rated for 300#, but that is more than enough. When I put the box on top of the Sport it drops my gas mileage by about 4 mpg. But makes it easy to pack enough camp stuff.