Outer Banks
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Hello all!
I’m new to all of this so please forgive me! How are the BFG KO2s in terms of on road performance. Do they handle well? Good in wet environments? Additionally can I fit 245/65/17s on an outer banks?
Sponsored

capt.pancakes

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I have a BL model and I just ordered a set of 245/65 r17 KO2's today - shop should have them tomorrow to install - so I'll let you know after tomorrow!

I don't know for sure - but I think the Outer Banks may not sit high enough for 245/65 (someone else correct me if I'm wrong) because I think the Badlands edition has the factory 1" lift, which is what makes it possible.

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi
I have a BL model and I just ordered a set of 245/65 r17 KO2's today - shop should have them tomorrow to install - so I'll let you know after tomorrow!

I don't know for sure - but I think the Outer Banks may not sit high enough for 245/65 (someone else correct me if I'm wrong) because I think the Badlands edition has the factory 1" lift, which is what makes it possible.
badlands has a .75 inch lift due to the rear knuckle. The other .25 inch is if you get the 29 inch tires

capt.pancakes

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We got the KO2's added and it's noticeably taller. This isn't a great pic because it was getting late and I had to snag it in the driveway.
But it's noticeably taller! The road noise is much more significant compared to the Pirelli tires that came on it - but I'm not complaining. She's a looker now, gettin' lots of rubbernecking!

As far as road performance - we had some light rain and she drove great - good water displacement that I noticed and I'm not nearly as worried about potholes or anything of the like now with that tiny extra bit of clearance and more rugged tread.

Ford Bronco Sport BFG KO2 questions tempImagegy8bpJ

Bpreston

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
We got the KO2's added and it's noticeably taller. This isn't a great pic because it was getting late and I had to snag it in the driveway.
But it's noticeably taller! The road noise is much more significant compared to the Pirelli tires that came on it - but I'm not complaining. She's a looker now, gettin' lots of rubbernecking!

As far as road performance - we had some light rain and she drove great - good water displacement that I noticed and I'm not nearly as worried about potholes or anything of the like now with that tiny extra bit of clearance and more rugged tread.

Ford Bronco Sport BFG KO2 questions tempImagegy8bpJ
Let us know what your gas mileage ends up with the tire swap. Thanks!

Cpt.Diabetes

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have seen other thread where base and big bend has 245/65/17 on stock suspension and they say there is no rub. Can’t say for certain though

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Grand Cherokee Overland
Any rub at all when the wheels are at full lock? Looks great and definitely one of the first changes I'll do when I get mine.

capt.pancakes

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any rub at all when the wheels are at full lock? Looks great and definitely one of the first changes I'll do when I get mine.
No rubbing at all at full lock.
I can say with confidence that the Badlands trim can take the KO2's up to 245/65 r17 with no issues!

Been driving them for several days now and the ride height is better but at the cost of some minor road noise - all in all it's a great trade off and we love it!

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Grand Cherokee Overland
No rubbing at all at full lock.
I can say with confidence that the Badlands trim can take the KO2's up to 245/65 r17 with no issues!

Been driving them for several days now and the ride height is better but at the cost of some minor road noise - all in all it's a great trade off and we love it!
Awesome, thank you. I currently have an 08 Grand Cherokee Overland and 2" lift running 255/70 r18 tires. I'm used to a little road noise. Just don't want to play with pinch welds or tearing up wheel well liners on a new toy.

capt.pancakes

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome, thank you. I currently have an 08 Grand Cherokee Overland and 2" lift running 255/70 r18 tires. I'm used to a little road noise. Just don't want to play with pinch welds or tearing up wheel well liners on a new toy.
Yeah for sure! Yeah we were happy with this - we considered the 245/70 but the tire shop said that they believed that would rub at full lock.

We actually traded in our '14 Grand Cherokee Limited for the Bronco and I'll tell you from a comparison perspective, it's a good trade. The Jeep was a little bit more luxurious in it's offerings (mainly things like a powered lift gate and the panoramic sunroof) but it really came down to what we were willing to sacrifice/trade for.
The Jeep was getting way up in the milage and things were starting to act up and we were happy that even with it's milage we got good trade in for it.
The Bronco is a bit rougher around the edges, but it's just as fun, if not more fun, to drive and the peppy 2.0L engine makes the smaller vehicle feel more spry and more enjoyable for even runs to the store and what not.

Also, (probably because they're new) everybody wants to know about the Bronco - I can't get gas, go to chic-fil-a, or get groceries without people staring and asking questions! The Jeep was a great car but rather mundane, so we're sorta enjoying the small-town popularity we're getting with the little Bronco haha.
Sponsored