JerseyOwl18

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Let me preface this by saying I am an absolute beginner in not just any sort of off-road driving, but suv/truck in general.

Got the Outerbanks for an excuse to be able to drive on a few beaches in NJ. First 5 or so times bombed over some sketchier sugar sand, no problem. The other day I stupidly got into a bit too deep of a rut at too slow of a speed and bottomed out. No big deal busted out my shovel and a fellow Ford brother was more than happy to see what his new F150 could snatch out.

But, what I was a little concerned about was my parking aid kept kicking in and my rear wheels completely locked. Is this normal?
Sponsored

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
That doesn't sound right . When did it kick in , while you were stuck & trying to power your self out or when you were being pulled out ?

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Let me preface this by saying I am an absolute beginner in not just any sort of off-road driving, but suv/truck in general.

Got the Outerbanks for an excuse to be able to drive on a few beaches in NJ. First 5 or so times bombed over some sketchier sugar sand, no problem. The other day I stupidly got into a bit too deep of a rut at too slow of a speed and bottomed out. No big deal busted out my shovel and a fellow Ford brother was more than happy to see what his new F150 could snatch out.

But, what I was a little concerned about was my parking aid kept kicking in and my rear wheels completely locked. Is this normal?
What beaches can we drive on in NJ ? I am only familiar with Island beach state park. Are there any others that permit driving?

OP
OP

JerseyOwl18

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I was pretty confident I could dig out, but the rear wheels wouldn’t spin at all. I was on a bit of an incline which I think may have been engaging my parking aid which made it impossible to get out.

Brigantine and Long Beach Island, outside AC.

OP
OP

JerseyOwl18

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Happened while I was trying to get out solo.

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Honestly sounds like it was doing its job... if you were on an incline and your rear was sunk in, the park assist would think you were backing into a wall... should be a way in settings to disengage park assist/collion prevention .. had to do it in other vehicles when a trailer was connected...

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
What beaches can we drive on in NJ ? I am only familiar with Island beach state park. Are there any others that permit driving?
I was at Wildwood NJ couple weeks back and saw an area where cars could drive under the boardwalk and park on the beach. The entrance had a gate so looked like you needed some type of pass. Once on beach there was parking area. I dont think you could drive up down the beach just to sand parking area on beach.