Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I got my badlands last year from my dealer (who I have never had any issues with, and has always been the best experience in my car buying career). Love the BS but she needed that little something more (Noticed Arizona trails need a bit more).

I talked to Jim at San Tan Ford Customs/San Tan Ford and we worked out a plan. This is my first time ever getting aftermarket for any of my vehicles beyond interior snazzups. Wow what a difference some small changes can make!

We added the HRG lift for Badlands and some Falcon 245/65/17s. Looks totally different. Photos of these tires do NOT show the aggression they exude once on the Bronco.

I just drove her home today, but I am very pleased. I can't wait to see how I feel in a week or two once the tires have a few miles on them.

The only real difference I feel is on extreme acceleration (because starting from a more level state) it just feels different. Also, with the ATs obviously, it seems to grab the lines in the road more.... both on the crapy AZ road sections and the new ones where they put all the grooves in. Road noise I could swear is less than the pirellis. But that is subjective and could just be because I expected more than I got with the Falcons.

Next items are coming whenever they get here.

• HRG Lift - Done
  • Tire Upgrade - Done
  • Yakima Lock n Load - Ordered and pending
  • Yakima Awning - Ordered and pending
  • Rally Innovations Front Armor - Ordered and pending
I could see how this could get just as expensive as my other hobbies..... Here are some before and after pictures. They aren't the best, but I haven't taken any time to "stage" and use my real camera.... These are excited "I gotta send these to ...." snaps.

If you are in AZ, I would suggest checking out San Tan 100%. Its an hour away from me (in traffic) but so worth the drive for the big stuff.

If you are in the market for a vehicle, I would hit up San Tan Ford. If you are in need of some customization and are in the area, hit up Jim:

Jim Brady
Accessories Advisor
www.santanford.com
Instagram @santanford.customs

BEFORE:
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands with New Platform Shoes IMG_1504.JPEG

Ford Bronco Sport Badlands with New Platform Shoes IMG_1505.JPEG

Ford Bronco Sport Badlands with New Platform Shoes IMG_1506.JPEG

AFTER:
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands with New Platform Shoes IMG_1513.JPEG
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands with New Platform Shoes IMG_1514.JPEG
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands with New Platform Shoes IMG_1516.JPEG

Ford Bronco Sport Badlands with New Platform Shoes IMG_1506.JPEG
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Not that 1.5" of lift should be enough to require any ladder to get in/out, but any comments on the differences in getting in/out after the lift and bigger tires? I doubt it makes a big difference but at some point it becomes more difficult. I'm not vertically challenged but I would think that even someone at least 5'8" would be able to get in/out easily.

OP
OP
Folkman

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
OP
OP
Folkman

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Mine is badlands, so I am relegated to 1.25in. However, it already has the 1’ from factory.

as for the impact to getting in? For me, it’s noticeable but not bad. I’m 5/11 and the seat is right at standing butt height. So I can slide right in.

my wife however, is Filipina and a bit on the challenged side. I’d say she is right around 5/1 or 2 and for her, she definitely noticed.

my 8yr old daughter laughs every time now because she gets to climb.

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
Nerf and steps on BS are pointless. Even when lifted this is not a hard car to get into. Also they kill road clearance. meant for mall crawlers

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Nerf and steps on BS are pointless. Even when lifted this is not a hard car to get into. Also they kill road clearance. meant for mall crawlers
I agree that everything I have seen so far reduces the clearance. I’m looking for something that is more horizontal instead of dropping down. I don’t know that I want/need them, just keeping my eyes open for something I like in case I do.

MJbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BB
The step he mentioned he ordered inserts in the car door latch. It helps with getting to the roof of the car, not for getting into the car. I actually really like the design and will consider getting one or 2

OP
OP
Folkman

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So all the fun stuff came in today…. I got projects. I will update with new photos once it’s all bolted on.

however, in the meantime, I took my girl down Table Mesa “road” about 10mi (my first real trail experience). Here are photos of where we turned. My phone kept killing the camera, but it was rough.

my friend with me thought for sure I would have had to at least go full time 4x4. I didn’t. She walked right through all the missing holes (they are dry) and over all the rocks and steps. Up the steep grades…. I will attach a short vid link once it is up.

my friend will be sending me some vid from behind, including when he almost peed his pants as my back left came up about a foot or two. Hey, I could see I was just going down all three others In full contact. Ok, it gave me a rush too ;-). Will share that when I get it.

nothing making weird noises or falling off and it isn’t peeing the drive. So I guess it held up just fine :).

Ford Bronco Sport Badlands with New Platform Shoes 814DB938-C619-430C-BD0C-64DD7A434C62

Ford Bronco Sport Badlands with New Platform Shoes 35A2DC67-7DD9-4FA5-BC49-824C87A54B96

Ford Bronco Sport Badlands with New Platform Shoes 5B8ED1BF-571F-429A-9726-E9752B31DC97

Ford Bronco Sport Badlands with New Platform Shoes 26FE9303-44B6-43F3-A4E0-943BADB9FC0C

Ford Bronco Sport Badlands with New Platform Shoes 72505362-6B8C-4455-B258-81C21711322F

Ford Bronco Sport Badlands with New Platform Shoes 6E141BD0-5A38-4112-B111-4980C1ADFA8C

Ford Bronco Sport Badlands with New Platform Shoes E5F524AE-FF68-4258-903C-4B75EF3F08FC

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Nice! Thanks for posting.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Great choice, not too much tire that would hinder on road manners.
Still plenty of wheel well space for full articulation off road,
Minimal mpg losses,
Nice wide beefy look.
“This Is The Way”
:’D

Last edited:
OP
OP
Folkman

Folkman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Finally got a chance to stitch the video we got at Table Mesa… for what it’s worth.

my iPhone just wouldn’t keep recording, and some of the video is a bit grainy.

hey… I’m not a YouTuber (yet haha).

the trail is heavily used for mudding and is both rougher and steeper than the video shows. But I think it does our babies justice.

this was all in Normal mode, none of the trick buttons. And I didn’t even have to try.

Sponsored