Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Well a few months ago I ordered a BL with everything I wanted on it including:

Moonroof
360+
Trailer Hitch
Cargo Management System
Carbon Gray Low Gloss Wheels (235/65/17)

It included the $1000 order incentive and lower price since I ordered before the price increase.

With no updates for a long time I bought a similar one without the above and added BFG KO2s (245/65/17). All indications were that some of the above items would either not be available or would take forever.

I guess I started to rethink everything when I looked at adding a OEM hitch and wiring with a new bumper skin. Probably would have cost close to $1500 at the dealer with the risk of messing it up, scratches, etc.

I actually went to Off-Rodeo Moab with the ordered VIN.

I am leaning towards trading in my current Badlands (60 miles) for the one with everthing on it. Torn now about the wheels/tires but I might just go with the OEM setup for now. You don’t see many of the OEM steelies. And the finance rates have probably gone up.

Just a hassle to shift.

Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Dilemma 48358710-70CC-451A-9A69-3DF4169CC234
Sponsored

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
It can be a hassle to be sure, but if there’s any car market where it makes sense to get into what you want, with what trade & sell values are, it’s now. I wouldn’t be without the 360+ myself.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Most likely get all your money back out of one you have. I would look over new one take for good test drive and if it looks drives good and overall cost are favorable trade it...

OP
OP
Cactusjk

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Most likely get all your money back out of one you have. I would look over new one take for good test drive and if it looks drives good and overall cost are favorable trade it...
Definitely! The one I have is perfect so if any red flags will pull out.

I have kept the mileage low knowing this was a potential.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I am leaning towards trading in my current Badlands (60 miles) for the one with everthing on it.
Your dealership should give you something very close to your purchase price, which would be really great in normal times because of the tax savings (which you already mentioned). However, these are not normal times. Carmax, Carvana, and that ilk are still giving up to $10k over sticker for Badlands here. So, I would check with them too as you may be able to sale your current, upgrade, and still cover the costs plus all taxes and fees.

OP
OP
Cactusjk

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Your dealership should give you something very close to your purchase price, which would be really great in normal times because of the tax savings (which you already mentioned). However, these are not normal times. Carmax, Carvana, and that ilk are still giving up to $10k over sticker for Badlands here. So, I would check with them too as you may be able to sale your current, upgrade, and still cover the costs plus all taxes and fees.
Good advice!

OP
OP
Cactusjk

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I also have a Ford maintenance plan and an extended warranty I will have to deal with if I go with the order.

Reactions: MJE

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I also have a Ford maintenance plan and an extended warranty I will have to deal with if I go with the order.
Eh, me too. Trading my Big Bend for my ordered Badlands. Getting 5k more than I paid for my trade, and all the features I wanted originally. It's worth doing if you intend to keep the vehicle for 10 years or more. I'd rather be smitten than feel like I'm missing out on things.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I had both those too. There should be some credit returning over to you if they can’t outright transfer them from one vehicle to the other. In my case I did my paperwork for the BL today & got some back on both those, but not all.

OP
OP
Cactusjk

Cactusjk

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Eh, me too. Trading my Big Bend for my ordered Badlands. Getting 5k more than I paid for my trade, and all the features I wanted originally. It's worth doing if you intend to keep the vehicle for 10 years or more. I'd rather be smitten than feel like I'm missing out on things.
So the dealer gave you $5K more for the trade?

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
So the dealer gave you $5K more for the trade?
Yeah. Discussed it at the time of order. Haven't been scheduled yet but I trust they'll hold up their end of the bargain. We're in a small town and they're the only dealership around. Sports, even used, sell within a day of hitting the lot, regardless of price.

Rinzler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have all but the roof and 360+ on a dealer order. I would’ve like the 360+ For the longer hauls but am happy enough without. I love CMS and knowing I’ve the trailer hitch. Enjoy the features on the trade in

SenzeiReese

Badlands
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I ordered an OB initially and took a BL in a similar configuration. Thankful that I did, because I placed that order in March and it's now September with no delivery in sight. I love the BL I have now and am surprisingly willing to personalize it more than I have for any other vehicle before.

That said, if a Hybrid BS came available for ordering, I'm going for it. I'm frustrated at how appealing trading for a Maverick Lariat hybrid is knowing I would make money off it, and then just trading that for a BS Hybrid in/after 2024.
Sponsored