DeanYaBoi

Badlands
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Has anyone put a drop in air filter on the 2.0? Trying to hear this little turbo spool like my old Focus ST!
Sponsored

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
lol. Good luck. I put one in my 1.5L and, unless its that different, you won't hear a darn difference.

TheDude

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2019 Mustang GT
You wont hear anything with a K&N even on a 2.0. You'll get some benefit from it with performance, but that's about it. Have one on my 1.5L, but it will allow more dirt in too. There's a really good video on youtube that tests a bunch of filters. K&N was the best for torque, a tad more hp, etc., but was the worst for allowing stuff through it.

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
...but was the worst for allowing stuff through it.
This was one of the main reasons I stopped using K&N air filters. That and cleaning/drying/oiling the filter element was kind of a pain in the ass. A least compared to a simple R&R of a paper filter.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
You'll get some benefit from it with performance, but that's about it. K&N was the best for torque, a tad more hp, etc., but was the worst for allowing stuff through it.
This is true for a normally aspirated engine. The engines in our Bronco Sports are equipped with forced induction (turbochargers), which typically do not benefit from changes to the intake and exhaust systems.

Engines are essentially air pumps; the more air you can get in and out of the engine the more power they make. Depending on the design, upgrading induction and exhaust systems can improve air flow for normally aspirated engines which rely on ambient pressure to get air into the cylinders. With forced induction the turbocharger compresses the air before it goes into the cylinder. In most cases the only way to get more air into the cylinder with a turbocharged engine is to increase the boost on the turbocharger.

I owned an EcoBoost Mustang for several years. There were several vendors selling aftermarket air filters as "upgrades," but when independently tested none outperformed the OEM filter. My guess is the same will be true for the 1.5L and 2.0L engines in our Bronco Sports.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Time to change mine.

Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Air Filter IMG20220205152149
Sponsored