paddywampus1

Outer Banks
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’m getting ready to install the Rigd tire carrier and am starting to look at relocation kits. The kit for Ford on their website says the kits will work with F150 through 2018. My POC at my dealership says that the camera on the Sport is different and hasn’t gotten back on the exact specs of it to ensure I get a proper kit.

Has anyone relocated their backup camera yet? Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Sponsored

xlite

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’m getting ready to install the Rigd tire carrier and am starting to look at relocation kits. The kit for Ford on their website says the kits will work with F150 through 2018. My POC at my dealership says that the camera on the Sport is different and hasn’t gotten back on the exact specs of it to ensure I get a proper kit.

Has anyone relocated their backup camera yet? Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
I was thinking of getting a rear spoiler and moving the camera up to there. The wiring should be long enough as it comes from top of the door. Could slip the wiring past the brake light assembly and under the spoiler. A little trimming to make it work. Not sure I’m willing to drill a hole, though that would allow you to keep the lens washer. Maybe some black vinyl on the brake light under the lens for glare. I think that the angle provided would be better than the lower stock position and would allow you to see thru a bike or other items you can attach to your hitch or tire carrier. Do any of the lower models not have the rear camera (was wondering how to fill the void)? Anyone else entertaining this thought or some negatives?

Ksnau

Heritage
First Name
SEAN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco sport
I know this is a super old thread, but I was wondering if anyone had figured out how to relocate the rear camera. I'm going to put air suspension on my bronco sport and the only place to put the tank and compressor is where the spare tire is. So I bought a hitch mount spare tire carrier I just got done installing it but it's right in the way of the rear camera. So I'm trying to figure out what I can do to get it to work again because I've driven lots of cars without rear cameras but god it's so handy
Sponsored