Baby Bronco Sport Naked Body Potentially Leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
An anonymous source just leaked these photos that appear to be the bare body of the upcoming Baby Bronco a.k.a. Bronco Scout / Adventurer!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ford Baby Bronco Bare Body Allegedly Leaked In Exclusive Photo
Ford had no comment, but it sure looks like the real deal.

If our anonymous source is accurate, here’s a sneak peek of the so-called Baby Bronco before Ford wants you to see it. Rather, this is sort-of a preview – the photo was tipped to us by a Motor1.com reader who shall remain comfortably unknown. That’s because this photo allegedly comes from within a location where bare bodies of the smaller Bronco are clearly visible. A Ford spokesperson declined to comment on “whatever future product that may be” so in short, take this photo for what you see.

What we see are lines that clearly resemble previous spy shots and leaked images of the small crossover, possibly called Bronco Sport or Bronco Adventurer. The giveaway for us is the kink in the C-pillar, which perfectly matches what we’ve seen in spy shots. We can also easily see the unibody design under this bare body – shared with the Ford Escape – whereas the larger Bronco is expected to be a body-on-frame offering. The vent at the base of the front fender where it meets the door is another dead giveaway.

Ford Bronco Sport Baby Bronco Sport Naked Body Potentially Leaked! baby-bronco-bare-body-leaked-photo
Ford Bronco Sport Baby Bronco Sport Naked Body Potentially Leaked! ford-baby-bronco-spy-shots

We don’t have any new details about the forthcoming crossover or when it might appear. Clearly its boxy shape is a stark contrast to the rounded Escape, though we expect it to offer similar powertrain options. That means either a 1.5-liter turbocharged three-cylinder making 180 horsepower (134 kilowatts) or a 2.0-liter turbo-four developing 250 hp (186 kW). Front-wheel drive is offered on the Escape, though all-wheel drive is optional. Whether Ford will include a front-wheel-drive option for its more rugged crossover is something that remains to be seen.
Sponsored

BroncoMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion, '22 BS
Ford can badge it whatever they wish, but I think we can safely refer to it as "baby Explorer" from this point forward.

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Real news!!! It does remind me of a mini-explorer though.
It kind of is. Although the rumor about it having locker(s) and the boxy-ish shape might make it more like an earlier generation Explorer than the current one.

It should make a good Cherokee fighter. That and most of the unibody Jeeps have taken on a very car like appearance. While this crossover is supposed to have a more rugged 'masculine' image than it's 'feminine' Escape twin.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Z06
It looks big! Maybe it should be called Bronco and the other one big Bronco.

Carolina Jim

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Renegade
It looks big! Maybe it should be called Bronco and the other one big Bronco
Seems like the crossover is most often compared to the Cherokee, which is 182" long. I think the 2-door broncobronco is guesstimated to be 168"-170".

I think the longer Ford keeps up this ridiculous model-naming shell game, the more apt they are to slam a very tender body part in the door.

DaBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It honestly looks a lot better than I imagined... But they haven't thrown all of the plastic on it yet.

Tslater1989

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(212k) 97 F150XLT, (320k) 99 Expedition EB, (63k) 2016 Explorer XLT.
A few observations. The roof bump looks like rear passengers will have decent headroom. Visibility out the rear looks like it will be decent too. C pillar makes a bad blind spot. But that will be mitigated with blis I'm sure. The rear subframe looks stout too.

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Pretty much what it looked like before, but with less parts.

We've known for about a year now what the "yet to be named rugged off road small utility" (aka baby-Bronco) was going to look like. After that year, we still have only the vaguest idea of what the actual Bronco will look like though.

I think its about time Ford gave us something better than this ...

Ford Bronco Sport Baby Bronco Sport Naked Body Potentially Leaked! sheetB 2020-ford-bronco-teaser_2
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.