Baby Bronco Sport Naked Body Potentially Leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
That C pillar will be black and look like a continuous window.
People obviously like/want those windows and straight belt lines. That's why designers make so many crossovers, SUVs, vans etc appear to have a nice big greenhouse.

From the inside it will be plain as day half of that real estate is fake though.

It would be nice to know if they were pulling the same stunt with the BroncoBronco.
Sponsored

Nanook

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pro4X Titan, Ford Fusion, Ducati Diavel
Doesn’t look to have a front moonroof or twin panel roof but I do see a hole in the rear for some type of skylight like Flex had.
Looks like a huge opening above the driver a second one above the rear passengers and then the third over the rear. Removable? Or glass across the roof?

Hawk

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 4Runner Limited V8 4WD
As much as I likely will want the "real" Bronco, this vehicle probably is all I will really need.

We still have a 2004 Escape XLT (driven by one of my high school-aged sons). From a styling standpoint, I think that the first generation Escape has aged the best out of nearly all of Ford's more recent (i.e., 90's forward) SUV offerings.

The leaked images of this vehicle (from the dealer presentation and now the naked body) remind me a lot of that first generation Escape, and I like what I see. Again, I realize this will not have the capability of a Jeep or the "real" Bronco, but I do think it has great potential for the less hardcore masses.

HTX1811

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Dodge Charger Hellcat
Looks like the orange one and the bare skin silver are one and the same. I mean the same.

Ford Bronco Sport Baby Bronco Sport Naked Body Potentially Leaked! BABD3CD9-55DB-4948-AAA2-64CAA16C6B37
Ford Bronco Sport Baby Bronco Sport Naked Body Potentially Leaked! EB1D0BEC-7BEB-4DD7-AB33-73764F551201

The C pillar looks the same, so does the vent. In fact, this isn’t very revealing.

Edit: In the newly leaked photo, it looks like a spare tire is going on the back of the baby?

Edit-Edit: Never mind. Nothing new here.
Ford Bronco Sport Baby Bronco Sport Naked Body Potentially Leaked! 28F8B75B-1261-45B4-8CBF-9B50F3C666DD

Stampede.Offroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
That’s what I see, too. A full panoramic? Like how @ChrispyKC coyly pointed it out lol.
I think you guys are on drugs or something. The inside of the roof is a fairly featureless and shiny metal surface (notably brighter and shinier than the ceiling behind it). I don't see any sunroofs in this one.

It looks exactly like the rest of the Maverick/baby/"yet to be named rugged off road small utility" we've seen for the last year, all the way back to the dealer meeting in Vegas in Nov.

Nanook

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pro4X Titan, Ford Fusion, Ducati Diavel
I think you guys are on drugs or something. The inside of the roof is a fairly featureless and shiny metal surface (notably brighter and shinier than the ceiling behind it). I don't see any sunroofs in this one.

It looks exactly like the rest of the Maverick/baby/"yet to be named rugged off road small utility" we've seen for the last year, all the way back to the dealer meeting in Vegas in Nov.
You’re probably right but it looks like clear plastic covering openings in the roof. Can’t see the structural above the driver, the rear passenger has some type of rollover protection right? And then the “clear” plastic over the cargo area...doesn’t make sense to have glass back there that’s why, if it is a shiny surface, could it be a removable? Market it as dog friendly like Subaru with your pups own open roof experience! Haha

ChrispyKC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Expedition Platinum, 2016 Escape SE, 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2DR Sahara
You’re probably right but it looks like clear plastic covering openings in the roof. Can’t see the structural above the driver, the rear passenger has some type of rollover protection right? And then the “clear” plastic over the cargo area...doesn’t make sense to have glass back there that’s why, if it is a shiny surface, could it be a removable? Market it as dog friendly like Subaru with your pups own open roof experience! Haha
The look of clear plastic is tricking you. That’s the sheet metal bending upward for the step up roof.

I don’t see how a panoramic roof would shake out with this stepped roof.

BroncoRevital

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
C pillar cannot be any worse than this:
Ford Bronco Sport Baby Bronco Sport Naked Body Potentially Leaked! 2020_Land-Rover_Defender_VUS_A-venir_MAIN

I do not know what the designers were thinking. It is like a floating square sticker half on the structural pillar and half on window.
That's my biggest gripe about the new Defender. It's fine on the four door but on the Two door its horrible. Completely blocks the view for back seat passengers, terrible.

Now as for this Escape Bronco its not too big a deal. It's basically how all SUV's are doing the C pillar. Plus I like that they are going to black it out. It's less about the pillar and more about the window. I just wish the back window looked a little more like the FS Bronco window but I guess they ran out of room for that to happen.

I hope this is no indication of what the BroncoBronco is going to do with it's C pillar. The rendering on here is exactly what I want to see. They incorporated it perfectly.

Last edited:

Tslater1989

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(212k) 97 F150XLT, (320k) 99 Expedition EB, (63k) 2016 Explorer XLT.
The lack of structure there is telling for a sunroof option, pretty standard now days. But it would be neat to see a removable panel over the rear.

Midnight Blue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Accord

First of all, I’m definitely on drugs.

But apart from that, the newly leaked photo shows an interesting roof. It looks to be more than your standard moonroof.

And, yes, I do know there’s largely nothing new here, that’s why I said that and that’s also why we’re looking for any little thing at this point, after you guys butchered the first pass looking at the same C pillar for two days.

Last edited:

jimbo92

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 Ford Explorer

BroncoRevital

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma, past; 94 FB, 86 FB, 84 Bronco2
Its an option, and removable and removable on the 2 door. Its in case you want the captain overlander option, the accessories bolt through the glass there.
Interesting. I was wondering if that was the case. Still, I definitely agree with article. What an odd thing to place there.

I'm glad it appears Ford is blacking their C pillar out. Though I'm not thrilled about how sharply the inner wheel wells tern down. The mule made it look like it would be hard to put a bigger tire in there.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.