dparleng

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
I have to B&O sound system in my 22 Badlands. I hear very little sound until I turn the volume up to about 7 or so. Can't even hear it on 1-4.

Is this normal?
Sponsored

mncp8r

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Ed Ltd
I have to B&O sound system in my 22 Badlands. I hear very little sound until I turn the volume up to about 7 or so. Can't even hear it on 1-4.

Is this normal?
Not normal at all. The only thing I can think of is going into the settings to see if something there like balance or fade is pushed to one side of the vehicle or the back.

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands

Is this normal?
Normal for me is around 7-8, surround setting in sync, slightly faded to rear.

thor52879

Badlands
First Name
Thor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands (Badlands package)
I turned surround sound off and it sounds much better imo.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
If you use an iPhone with its current IOS Software, #1 and #2 provide some ā€˜crypticā€™ hints. If you have specific questions on these hints just reply with a comment.

1. Music over Bluetooth: iPhone EQ settings have an effect. Set iPhone volume to max.
Apple CarPlay: thereā€™s nothing on the iPhone to touch.

2. Settings / Music / EQ:
Apple Music over Bluetooth (not via CarPlay)

Because equalizer settings are in Music, they only alter audio for Apple Music App. One exception is the ā€˜Late Nightā€™ option affects entire iPhone not just things played via the Music App.
https://www.headphonesty.com/2022/07/iphone-equalizer-settings/

On the Bronco Sport, adjust these for each different music source and type of music: Treble, Midrange, Bass, Balance, Fade, Surround on/off:

Note: ā€œAll flat (default EQ settings, set to middle): the true sound of the instruments and vocals as if you are in the same room. Adjust to personal preference, it's your ears.ā€

3. B&O in Bronco Sport Recommendation #1
Treble: +4
Midrange: +2,
Bass: -2,
Surround: On.
Fade to the back somewhat (just behind front headrests) helps the subwoofer handle more of the bass duties and not overdrive the front speakers.

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Not normal at all. The only thing I can think of is going into the settings to see if something there like balance or fade is pushed to one side of the vehicle or the back.
also: I noticed a big improvement after going into settings > sound and set it to surround sound , as opposed to stereo

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Mine was same way. Iā€™ve mentioned it before. I had speakers replaced by dealer and still didnā€™t help. I bet yours doesnā€™t get that loud even at 20 and you have really weak bass response. I did. Was awful.

Itā€™s hit or Miss by a large margin with the B&O. Iā€™ve listened to some and they sounded far better. Had bass and range. Mine has neither from factory.

It was so fucking bad, that I ended up replacing all my speakers and just put the sub in today. So much better. I finally got what I paid for.

Moving the sound more to rears does nothing but decrease the overall sound. You can try surround. Some have good luck with it. Mine it just lowers the volume/gain. And sounds worse with it on. My front speakers were also wired wrong from the factory.
Sponsored