Auxbeam 6 gang switch panel - where to hook up the base unit ACC connection?

John J

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Help. I got the Auxbeam 6 gang switch panel and it looks fairly simple to install. For those who have installed it or a similar product - where did you hook up the base unit ACC connection? I'm assuming it would be most appropriate to go to a switched source, but where? Thank you for any guidance you can provide. I did search the forums but........
Sponsored

Nyeagle

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Help. I got the Auxbeam 6 gang switch panel and it looks fairly simple to install. For those who have installed it or a similar product - where did you hook up the base unit ACC connection? I'm assuming it would be most appropriate to go to a switched source, but where? Thank you for any guidance you can provide. I did search the forums but........
I'm trying to figure out the same thing for mt light controller.

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I'm trying to figure out the same thing for mt light controller.
I'd think the ideal place would be wherever the wiring for Under-Hood Fuse #1 goes. It's marked "30A -- Aftermarket Auxiliary Lighting"

I don't have wiring diagrams (nor any auxiliary lighting at present), but this (specifically PDF pages 29 and 36) might have some leads in the right direction…

Direct source URL for attached PDF is: https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/instructionsheets/IS_M-15200K-CXR_022321.PDF

Attachments

Last edited:

Nyeagle

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I'd think the ideal place would be wherever the wiring for Under-Hood Fuse #1 goes. It's marked "30A -- Aftermarket Auxiliary Lighting"

I don't have wiring diagrams (nor any auxiliary lighting at present), but this (specifically PDF pages 29 and 36) might have some leads in the right direction…

Direct source URL for attached PDF is: https://performanceparts.ford.com/download/instructionsheets/IS_M-15200K-CXR_022321.PDF
It look to be impossible to use any of the fuses in the engine compartment due to the design of the fuse box.

OP
OP

John J

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So I read the PDF on the bar light install (thank you!) and saw it was tapped into the instrument panel lighting - something I don't want to mess with. I pulled the cover off the engine bay fuse box and removed one of the two connectors - what an engineering nightmare!! Nothing accessable or really usable there. So it looks like figuring out a way to get to the interior fuse box neatly is the way to go at this point. I'm scared to tap into anything other than directly to a fuse point. If anyone else is using the Auxbeam panel can help..........help!!!! Thank you

JVteam

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport

So remove all the trim from the interior of the vehicle......

VirtualJMills

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So remove all the trim from the interior of the vehicle......
In fairness, this is instructions for installing something that requires you to loosen the roof-rail and move it sufficiently to drill a new hole in it. I was only referring to the possible location for auxiliary lighting power wires, absent access to the actual wiring loom diagrams.

That publication is also for the Badlands and First Edition trim levels only, which I noticed later.

OP
OP

John J

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
F$#& it. I'm going to try to tap power off the instrument power. It's only to power the back lighting of the Auxbeam switch panel so it can't draw that much.

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
This is what it feels like to work on the electrical system of the Bronco Sport.

Attachments

ctrabbit25

Outer Banks
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Acc wire goes in passenger fuse area #3
That what I did
I installed mine awhile ago with everything hidden and working, fairly easy with no removing of panels other than the fuse panel
Ford Bronco Sport Auxbeam 6 gang switch panel - where to hook up the base unit ACC connection? PXL_20210913_041542474.NIGHT
Sponsored