Brissdenice

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The BS won't let you park in Reverse. However you have probably taken advantage of shutting down in Reverse and observing the shift knob moving into Park automatically. I.e. instead of allowing the auto start-stop to restart the engine. Clever, but pay attention!
I put it in park after backing up my garage/driveway and its not engaging auto start/stop. I'm not letting it in reverse while I stop the engine. I didn't noticed it before when it was still warm outside though.:facepalm: Maybe the cold temperature we have here desactivated it anyway.
Sponsored

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I put it in park after backing up my garage/driveway and its not engaging auto start/stop. I'm not letting it in reverse while I stop the engine. I didn't noticed it before when it was still warm outside though.:facepalm: Maybe the cold temperature we have here desactivated it anyway.
There is a sensor(s) that detects several things. One being the voltage, if the battery voltage is below a preset value than the engine keeps running. Another is the temperature setting, again if the sensor doesn't detect interior heat or cold within a certain range of what you selected the engine keeps running. It's actually very well programmed. Not to say that it might be malfunctioning but that's rare, if you suspect that have your ECU scanned just to make sure. If it's a sensor issue it should show a code and is covered by the warranty.

OP
OP
Meanderthal

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
ASS will not work when the transmission is in Reverse. For me it happens when I pull into the garage forward and come to a stop, the engine then turns off, I then shift from Drive to Park, the engine restarts, and then I hit the button to turn it off.

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I have noticed that pretty consistently when I park the BS, the Auto Start/Stop will turn the engine off and then when I shift to Park it will restart. This seems like a weird way for this ”feature” to work. Are others having the same experience or is this unique to my BS?
Sorry no. Wish I could permanately disable that feature. Very annoying.