Cursed Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Dakota
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I can confirm that this happens to me on a '22 Big Bend. It does happen on the radio, but seems to occur most using SYNC. I do not use Android Auto
Sponsored

Walterros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands
Android or iPhone? The solutions are different
Android, I use Android Auto and Spotify most often for music, but I have had it happen to me using just the radio (AM/FM) as well as SYNC via BlueTooth

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Android, I use Android Auto and Spotify most often for music, but I have had it happen to me using just the radio (AM/FM) as well as SYNC via BlueTooth
@Walterros letā€™s assume you are on the most current Android software with the most current Android Auto software, are running the latest SYNC 3.4 Build (22251 or latest) and have a new high quality USB-C cable specā€™d as stated by the manufacturer of your phone. (You will need to confirm all of those as a first step)

A summary of the audio cutouts for your ā€˜23 Badlands are:

Android Auto and Spotify most often for music,
Using just the radio (AM/FM),
Using BlueTooth via SYNC (presumably to stream music? Maybe phone calls too?)

The following specific Post #s are likely going to help you solve the issue you are experiencing. There could be a variety of possible issues thus there are a number of things to try:

Flaky CarPlay Connection:
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/flaky-carplay-connection.8685/
Post #7 from Mark S regarding Android Auto and
Post #10 from me regarding additional info and links for Android Auto issues.

Audio Cuts out for Split Second while listening to music (this thread):
Post #32 from Mark S
Post #38, #69, #71, #80, #87 ( a number of people report that disabling the SYNC Diagnostic reports solved their audio drop out issues ).

Please let us know what ended up working for you to solve the audio cutouts in your BS.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
Oh hellā€¦ relative newbs who skipped the first 5 pages. :facepalm:

USB, Apple, Android, doesnā€™t matter. The consensus is that Sync is transmitting to Ford instead of concentrating on our music and only using the time between songs to send our vehicle information.

Without me sitting in my BS figuring it out again, turn off everything that sends info to Ford. IIRC there are two setting areas where this happens.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Oh hellā€¦ relative newbs who skipped the first 5 pages. :facepalm:

USB, Apple, Android, doesnā€™t matter. The consensus is that Sync is transmitting to Ford instead of concentrating on our music and only using the time between songs to send our vehicle information.

Without me sitting in my BS figuring it out again, turn off everything that sends info to Ford. IIRC there are two setting areas where this happens.
Unfortunately turning off everything that sends data to Ford does not always solve the audio cut outs.

Also, the post numbers in this thread that do provide the settings to disable that data transfer are referenced above for the Owner to try. No need for you to look it up again the specific post #s to look at are referenced.

Walterros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands
@Walterros letā€™s assume you are on the most current Android software with the most current Android Auto software, are running the latest SYNC 3.4 Build (22251 or latest) and have a new high quality USB-C cable specā€™d as stated by the manufacturer of your phone. (You will need to confirm all of those as a first step)

A summary of the audio cutouts for your ā€˜23 Badlands are:

Android Auto and Spotify most often for music,
Using just the radio (AM/FM),
Using BlueTooth via SYNC (presumably to stream music? Maybe phone calls too?)

The following specific Post #s are likely going to help you solve the issue you are experiencing. There could be a variety of possible issues thus there are a number of things to try:

Post #7 from Mark S regarding Android Auto and

Audio Cuts out for Split Second while listening to music (this thread):
Post #32 from Mark S
Post #38, #69, #71, #80, #87 ( a number of people report that disabling the SYNC Diagnostic reports solved their audio drop out issues ).

Please let us know what ended up working for you to solve the audio cutouts in your BS.
Hey, I appreciate you going back and finding the other posts but I've read through this thread three times before making an account and posting in it.

I have all data transmission to Ford disabled as well as all the Ford Pass features and it's still cutting in and out. And yes, your assumptions are correct, running latest versions of Sync and have tried multiple USB cables (currently using an Anker). The only thing I haven't done is replaced my phone.

In regards to the other poster and I'm not trying to be hostile and I perhaps should have clarified in my initial post, but I did read the thread. I've been active on various forums for over a decade and know basic forum etiquette. Wouldn't have necro'd a thread without good reason.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have all data transmission to Ford disabled as well as all the Ford Pass features and it's still cutting in and out. And yes, your assumptions are correct, running latest versions of Sync and have tried multiple USB cables (currently using an Anker). The only thing I haven't done is replaced my phone.
Given that you tried everything including disabling the FordPass data transmission (which others have said also didnā€™t work for them), can you confirm you looked over the links in post #10? That thread title is called Flaky CarPlay Connection but posts #7 and #10 are Android specific. But I do not remember if the solutions in post #10 are only for Android Auto or for Android in general like streaming over Bluetooth.

If those links in post #10 do not help then Iā€™m out of ideas and hope someone else can chime in with an Android solution you havenā€™t yet tried.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
I don't remember if I posted this. I have the same problem on my 2022 Bronco as I did on my 2021 Bronco Sport.

Sync 3 on the Sport, Sync 4 on the Bronco.

Two different Android phones, Motorola and Samsung.

Different releases of Android.

Big Kahuna

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F350, 2012 Nissan Rogue
Ford Bronco Sport Audio Cuts out for Split Second while listening to music bk_ford_1

I'm getting similar drops while using the "Ford SYNCĀ® with MyFord Touch" system in the new-to-me 2014 F350.

It seems as though it's a problem that has been around for a while now. :)

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
The periodic brief silent cutout should be a click-click for us old enough to remember 8-track players. :)
Sponsored