First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Nice review on Bronco sport:

https://apple.news/Ai37vzl6KQjWdUhErSh2cqQ from the Charlotte Post
Thanks for sharing, I always love to read more articles. But the writer really makes some glaring factual errors. Which makes me wonder just what does it take to be an auto journalist? First claims the big Bronco is based on the F-150, but gets the Sport right as being based on the escape. Until halfway through the article when it’s claimed to be based on the Edge instead. I certainly can’t argue with their positive summary, but claiming 2 different facts through the course of a short article should prompt a google check at least before publishing.

OP
OP

GreatMV

Outer Banks
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Escape
I didn’t catch the edge mistake. i thought the big bronco was based on the ranger.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Reads like a High School student's journalism homework. Local papers have really suffered in the new media landscape, losing readership to online outlets. One of the first places owners go to cut costs is to get rid of copy editors and fact checkers, mainly because a lot their readers lack the knowledge to know when the writer is wrong, and no one cares about spelling and grammar anymore.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I didn’t catch the edge mistake. i thought the big bronco was based on the ranger.
That’s what I thought as well, & it seems it uses the T6 platform as its base. Not the F-150. https://fordauthority.com/2021/08/ford-ranger-was-key-in-bringing-back-the-new-bronco-exclusive/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Ranger_(T6). Though I believe both articles do say it’s a modified T6, not a direct SUV ranger as an Everest might be.

Not to go too far astray, but I had no idea this existed on a ranger platform as well. Looking far more Jeep than Bronco. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troller_T4

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Talking heads, bunch of young cheap to hire writers to fill in magazines around all the advertising.
Right now the word Bronco is an attention getter. The advertising money is the grab. It has little to nothing to do with anything.
Just like consumer reports, a bought and paid for to get on top thing. All so much BS.

Reactions: MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Talking heads, bunch of young cheap to hire writers to fill in magazines around all the advertising.
Right now the word Bronco is an attention getter. The advertising money is the grab. It has little to nothing to do with anything.
Just like consumer reports, a bought and paid for to get on top thing. All so much BS.
I’d swear if you start searching Bronco Sport articles past about the first google page, they have them written by bots solely as click bait on websites you haven’t heard of or don’t normally read.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I’d swear if you start searching Bronco Sport articles past about the first google page, they have them written by bots solely as click bait on websites you haven’t heard of or don’t normally read.
BINGO !
The average consumer has no clue on the brain washing that’s meticulously performed on them daily.
If they tell the average person they need something and everybody knows it already Mr. Average will come to believe it is fact and no one can sway his opinion because that would mean he’s been duped and is less than what he believes himself to be.
Self Importance is such a terrible burden.

Last edited:
Reactions: MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
BINGO !
The average consumer has no clue on the brain washing that’s meticulously performed on then daily.
If they tell the average person they need something and everybody knows it already Mr. Average will come to believe it is fact and no one can sway his opinion because that would mean he’s been duped and is less than what he believes himself to be.
Self Importance is such a terrible burden.
And I think that’s only going to get worse. The brain washing, though some might hesitate to call it that, will only get more sophisticated and in greater amounts. More content than you can consume will be coming your way & it’ll be increasingly difficult to separate the quality from the noise.