Are there any improvements on the 22's vs the 21's, or just downgrades?

21Broncosaurus

Big Bend
First Name
Ish
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I think they changed the horn as well. I remember someone mentioning that their horn sounded high pitched?
Sponsored

Big Kahuna

Badlands
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Website
theshockleys.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F350, 2012 Nissan Rogue
USB connection in the back as well I think is an addition over the 2021.
I have both USB and 110v connections for the back seat in my June 2021 Badlands.

Ford Bronco Sport Are there any improvements on the 22's vs the 21's, or just downgrades? 20211118_080232 (1)

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
So what exactly does the LED in the push to start button do for you?
This is really minor, but when you're in the car and you press the brake, it comes on to indicate the car is ready to start. Then it stays on to show ignition is on.
Subjectively, I prefer the thinner letters on the lit button to the blocky looking rework.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
tachometer
That’s how I know if it has shut off. Although I’ve gotten into the habit of lifting a bit on the brake after stopping and that disables it at that point. The auto start and stop really hasn’t annoyed me like I thought it would.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
That’s how I know if it has shut off. Although I’ve gotten into the habit of lifting a bit on the brake after stopping and that disables it at that point. The auto start and stop really hasn’t annoyed me like I thought it would.
Mine was a little rough re-starting some times. Made the vehicle buck a little. Also the AC compressor shuts off so it starts to get hot fast here and the engine doesn't actually stay off long. If you have it on max AC it won't shut off at all anyway.

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Is mine then the only back-lit start button? Hmm...
The Start button in our 2019 Escape lights up blue (like all other buttons) but has no other light on it.

Is that what people mean?

Surely the button is backlit In order to be able to see it?

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
I have both USB and 110v connections for the back seat in my June 2021 Badlands.

Ford Bronco Sport Are there any improvements on the 22's vs the 21's, or just downgrades? 20211118_080232 (1)
The USB connections were added instead of the original 12v cigarette lighter plug in May of 2021.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I set mine up like a week or two ago and I've been pretty disappointed by it. I basically have to be like 5 feet from my garage for it to work. My regular garage door opener works when I'm still in the road and haven't even pulled into the driveway. If you absolutely need the "clean" look without a garage door opener on your visor or where ever you put it, then I guess it's an option, or if your battery in your opener dies, but I ended up just going back to the old opener.
Have you tried one of the other buttons or resetting it? Mine works from several houses away down the street and reacts faster than the actual door opener.

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT
Have you tried one of the other buttons or resetting it? Mine works from several houses away down the street and reacts faster than the actual door opener.
does anyone know if the buttons are live when the key isn't near the car? I.E. if the car is in the driveway and someone breaks in would they have access to my garage?

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT
Mine was a little rough re-starting some times. Made the vehicle buck a little. Also the AC compressor shuts off so it starts to get hot fast here and the engine doesn't actually stay off long. If you have it on max AC it won't shut off at all anyway.
I thought the auto start stop feature was outside temp related, like over 95 degrees or so.

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
does anyone know if the buttons are live when the key isn't near the car? I.E. if the car is in the driveway and someone breaks in would they have access to my garage?
I’m out of town but if no one responds to this after trying I’ll let you know on Friday.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Ya’all sound like a Bunch of spoiled children. LoL
Back in the day when I had to walk to school, UP hill Both ways ! :’P
We were happy if the A/C was good and cold and we damn sure didn’t need a digital LED temp gage to tell us the cabin was comfortable.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
The Start button in our 2019 Escape lights up blue (like all other buttons) but has no other light on it.

Is that what people mean?

Surely the button is backlit In order to be able to see it?
No, there was a green LED on the button to tell you the engine was running. Or at least that is what I’m “LED” to believe.
Sponsored